Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reducing soul build weight – fork options?
  • teenrat

I have a Mk1 cotic soul that i love, but i cant help thinking that its a little on the portly side. Its currently running Pike 454 coil u turns 95 to 140mm forks with 20mm maxle. How much weight could i lose by switching to another set of forks? Are there any good options out there with ~130mm travel and 20mm axle that would offer significant weight saving over the pikes?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

swopping to an air fork will save a huge amount of weight and change the handling a lot

i tried my cotic with a pike 409 coil u turns but hated it and only lasted one ride with them – far too heavy a fork for a steel HT imo, i finally settled with a set of 120mm dual air rebas with a 20mm axle

the problem you will have is buying a new fork that has a 1 1/8 inch steerer, 120-130mm travel and the 20mm axle

imo you’d best try find a second hand 150mm air revelation (with the 20mm maxle) that can have a 20mm travel reducer fitted – so you end up with a 130mm fork that fits the frame and saves you around 550g (1.3lbs) over your coil pikes

most new 130mm forks have a 15mm thru axle

1981miked
    Free Member

I had a set of Sektors on mine a few years back. I found them to be to heavy for the bike and made the front end to high and liable to wander on climbs.

I now run a set of 120mm Reba’s and think they are spot on. Saved a good bit of weight aswell. I also had the tapered headtube version and ran 130mm X Fusion Velvets which were equally as good as the Rebas. Only wnt for Reba’s as Merlin had a cracking deal on them.

teenrat

thanks for the replies. 120mm rebas were one option i was thinking about and two replies recommending them as well means i’ll go in that direction. Just got to find some now!

bigblackshed

I’ve got some Revelations spaced down to 120mm on my Sanderson. 20mm axle, stiff, plush, and not heavy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reducing soul build weight – fork options?’ is closed to new replies.