Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Reduce, reuse, recycle…
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

Trying the first;
    already do the second;
    What do YOU do to recycle your back issues of bike mags (other than put them in the paper recycling)? Original ideas required as I don't think we can afford to build an extension at the moment….

miketually
    Free Member

If you do anything other than putting them in the paper recycling, surely you're reusing them?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

use the photospreads as wallpaper?

sofatester
    Free Member

I read them to remember how much simpler (and cheaper) things where before Pop-locks, DWP links, Sag settings, ghetto tubless… 🙄

KINGTUT
    Free Member

What do YOU do to recycle your back issues of bike mags

I don't waste my time buying them in the first place.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I turn them into papier mache bearings and sell them to Superstar for their bottom brackets.

jojoA1
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    If you do anything other than putting them in the paper recycling, surely you're reusing them?

Ok, Mr Pedantic, but that spoils the title… "Reduce, reuse and reuse some other kind of way" doesn't really have the same ring to it.

"….Reuse for original intended purpose, recycle" doesn't fit well either. *rolly eyes icon thingy*

jojoA1
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    I turn them into papier mache bearings and sell them to Superstar for their bottom brackets.

Ah, so that's the secret!!! 😈

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wallpaper, christmas wrapping paper, birthday cards.

Actually one sensible solution I have heard is give them to GPs and so on for the waiting rooms – better than chat or take a break that you normally get

Gary_M
    Free Member

better than chat or take a break that you normally get

Steady on.

Rickos
    Free Member

Yeah, the ATS place where I go for tyres has back issues of Dirt! How cool is that?

jojoA1
    Free Member

TJ, It's "Celebrity tit tape disasters weekly" or "High Heels and Handbags!" actually, I'll have you know…. Oh, you meant that 'one' normally gets, not I personally get…

juan
    Free Member

If you google for some DIY ideas, you can see how people makes some furniture with it. Bed table, tabouret and so and so.

Or you can use it to make a nice bedroom door 😉

BTW I got your t shirt I'll try to get it posted tomorrow
    X

jojoA1
    Free Member

I quite like the idea of a bike door… It could go on the map/bike/computer room….

P.s Thank you 🙂 xxx

nickhart
    Free Member

take em to the local doctors waiting room or the old dirts i have i'm taking to the local teenage cancer unit so they can use them.
    that or take em to school for the kids to use in art/project work.

timber

or collect more and you can stack them up to build the extension

second taking them to the doctors, at least you'll be able to find something good to read whilst you wait then

jimmy

rickos – do you work for cyclamax?

miketually
    Free Member

Ok, Mr Pedantic, but that spoils the title… "Reduce, reuse and reuse some other kind of way" doesn't really have the same ring to it.

"….Reuse for original intended purpose, recycle" doesn't fit well either. *rolly eyes icon thingy*

😉

pault41
    Free Member

Actually one sensible solution I have heard is give them to GPs and so on for the waiting rooms –

This was how i first came across the mag ,n been addicted ever since,no known cure.!!!

marsdenman
    Free Member

i take them to the doctors so I lnow that, next time I go, I have something to hand in which to hide a copy of Take A Break ….. 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

Burn them 😈

colnagokid

I dont buy many, pro-cycling (sorry) monthly, and occasionally STW. Give them any after reading/ hanging onto them for a month or so.

colnagokid

I dont buy many, pro-cycling (sorry) monthly, and occasionally STW. Give them any after reading/ hanging onto them for a month or so.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Reduce, reuse, recycle…’ is closed to new replies.