Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Redex
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Opinions
    Worth using regularly?
    Occasionally?
    Is supermarket diesel bad?

cp

no, no, no

jimjam
    Free Member

backinireland

Is supermarket diesel bad?

All diesel is bad.

backinireland
    Free Member

Cheers cp
    Jimjam #@^¥[€

slowoldman

Blimey, do they still sell it? What about STP additives?

spooky_b329

I just do every 3rd or 4th tank with premium fuel, usually before a long run. Apparently it achieves the same result with the extra additives in the fuel.

matt_outandabout

I’ve never thought there was much in different fuel brands. Until I filled up at Morrison’s this week. The car is doing 4mpg less on computer and ‘lumpy’… It may be something about to let go, but I think it’s just the fuel. Maybe a dodgy batch.

Junkyard
    Free Member

this has been done before and in use and from reading i think it is little more than marketing for premium brands and additives

My diesels have done over 200k on supermarket branded fuel and my old Ford diesel then went in the boat when i scrapped it and is still running 10 years on. It has used mainly red diesel in this time.

I say no personally.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve never thought there was much in different fuel brands. Until I filled up at Morrison’s this week. The car is doing 4mpg less on computer and ‘lumpy’… It may be something about to let go, but I think it’s just the fuel. Maybe a dodgy batch.

On the other hand I did a spell of just using BP as opposed to Morrisons.
    Not a jot of difference.
    Plus my old Passat had 235K on when I sold it with the last 140K done on Tesco’s diesel & the engine was faultless & showing over 50mpg all the time. Which I checked ‘properly’ regularly.

When I had my petrol station I sold RedEx from the old dispensers @1p a shot!

superjohn71
    Free Member

I do between 50 and 80k a year in my company motor. Until about a year ago, I only used to fill up at Morrison’s and Tesco with my old fuel card. Then we changed to a new one that can only be used at branded fuel stations, and in my patch that means BP. I have noticed no difference in performance or reliability whatsoever.

fooman

Redex is rated as highly as Slick 50

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

RedEx was great fun when you took the air filter off, revved the engine & poured it neat down the carb.

Not very environmentally friendly though. 😕

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I pop some Redex in my ageing Peugeot when I travel back up to the midlands every couple of months or so. There is a definite difference in performance when it has had a tankful.

redmex
    Free Member

Here was me quickly scanning and then thinking i see a thread complaining about Redmex, but not to be.I have used it only once and probably was too tight to use it all so it will be lying in the garage somewhere. STP was the favourite as they always had stickers on some V8 muscle race cars Billy MacKloski from Palm Springs used to report for NBC

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Redex’ is closed to new replies.