Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Redbush Tea – rather pleasant indeed !
  • iainc

just got a few boxes to try, thankfully I like it 🙂

was looking for an alternative to the routine of 4 or 5 teas/coffees per day and thought this would be a healthier options – yum 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Ditto

I have about 4 a day at work, and since starting to drink it last year I have had much less illness (colds, sniffles)

Good stuff

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Otherwise known as “ginger pubes” tea (apparently)- at least in my neck of the woods 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Rooibos tea. Nice with or without milk and caffeine-free. I enjoy the odd cup especially when they give you tea bags in hotels in SA.

digga
    Free Member

I stopped drinking last month. It’s become an ongoing experiment of indeterminate duration.

As an alternative to a nip of whiskey later evening, I’ve been trying various teas – green and chai – and reckon they’re actually a pretty good substitute.

devash
    Free Member

Its good stuff. The longer you brew it the tastier it gets.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

caffeine-free

Does it have something else in it? I find that after a few cups I still get the caffeine jitters/sweats as if I’ve just drunk too many espresso’s. Gone back to drinking my usual alternating mix of coffee/tea/rooibos/green tea.

wrecker
    Free Member

Staple drink for me having de-coffee’d a couple of months ago. I drink loads of the stuff.

IHN

I’d just like to say that you’re all wrong, it’s revolting.

Carry on.

scandal42
    Free Member

I still drink espresso when I get in from work but it’s a great way of cutting down whilst in the office.

porlus
    Free Member

Drink it a fair bit. Like the Tick Tock one and the one that comes in the red box. Tried Tetley red bush and it was horrible.

beardo74
    Free Member

I drink about 10 mugs of this a day at work. Definitely no caffeine – if I drank that much normal tea I’d be bouncing off the walls!

mrjmt
    Free Member

My staple tea, my favourite is the sainsburys own brand, least is the tetley one.
    M&S own is a decent second to sainsburys.

prettygreenparrot

I drank it while on holiday in South Africa. Once. Never again. It was not to my taste.

I was told that Roobios (red bush) tea only gained popularity in SA during apertheid because of the limited amount of sanction-busting ‘proper’ tea that got in. Even if it was the only beverage available I’d rather go for plain hot water.

If you’re after proper tea from proper farmers then the folks at Comin’s Tea House do a wide variety.

nostoc
    Free Member

I don’t really do tea. I drink espresso when I want caffeine and rooibos when I want liquid.
    If you like rooibos keep an eye open for honeybush. It is similar but a bit sweeter. They make a good blend.

fasthaggis

I’d just like to say that I agree with IHN,it’s revolting.

Carry on.

z1ppy

(…as in Redbush being drinkable, grim disgusting stuff)

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Dragonfly* rooibos teas are the nicest ones I’ve tried.

The vanilla-flavoured one and the Cape Malay Spicy Chai one are particularly palatable. Probably cos they don’t taste so much of rooibos.

*Not made from actual dragonflies, as far as I’m aware.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

digga – Member 
    I stopped drinking last month. It’s become an ongoing experiment of indeterminate duration.

As an alternative to a nip of whiskey later evening, I’ve been trying various teas – green and chai – and reckon they’re actually a pretty good substitute.

There is NO alternative to whiskey. Hang your head in shame 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

z1ppy, don’t be too hard on him.

He’s started riding track bikes, using rollers and now this.

It’s a classic mid life crisis, the 5 series will be getting traded in for a Z4 as we speak…. 😆

cheers_drive

I used to drink it lots but switched to peppermint tea which I prefer. Since drinking peppermint tea my AF episodes have reduced greatly

ransos
    Free Member

I’d just like to say that you’re all wrong, it’s revolting.

Correct. And it’s not tea.

BillMC

It’s very popular with lady detectives in Molepolole.

iainc

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    z1ppy, don’t be too hard on him.

He’s started riding track bikes, using rollers and now this.

It’s a classic mid life crisis, the 5 series will be getting traded in for a Z4 as we speak…. 😆

POSTED 19 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Haha 😆 that did make me laugh. Turned 50 on Saturday so you may be onto something !!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Happy birthday sir! Hope it was a good yin.

tang
    Free Member

My wife loves it, I can’t stand it. Some bastard spilt a massive flask of Soya Redbush all over the carpet of my car, took about 4 years to get rid of the stench. Tilda tea we call it.

iainc

Cheers nobeer, aye, a good weekend, ta 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Another household staple here. Tick Tock in general, and Tick Tock Earl Grey. Both comprise my favourite caffeine-free beverages. Refreshing and rounded at once, I find. Nice with Koko milk (already been shot down once for this admission)

Wife was a regular tea-belly, coffee for me. Tried all sorts of teas/herbals over the years have have been drinking redbush for about a decade now. Rest of extended family are ‘black tea only’ drinkers, as for redbush they won’t touch it, in fact they enjoy theatrical hatred of it. I don’t understand weirdness/loyalty about tea. Only teas I don’t like so far are fake-tasting fruity ones.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Redbush Tea – rather pleasant indeed !’ is closed to new replies.