Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Red Kite events, any good?
  • mrbump
    Free Member

I have entered the winter xc on the 13th jan but i also fancy the devils challage 1 and 2 and the elan valley challange. how are the trails (the more technical the better) and the organization etc.

wonnyj
    Free Member

The first round course for the winter xc was good fun, couple of big forest roads climbs and reasonably tech descents. Not sure about the other events but I guess they’ll be hilly and a bit epic it being mid-Wales.

Organisation is decent, warm cafe and bike wash available. Just don’t expect lots of frills for a budget entry price.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Im hoping its good as ive enbtered thedevils challenge 1! Only the 30k as its my first event.

Cant wait now. 🙂

chrispo
    Free Member

I enjoyed the first XC round. As Jonny said, no frills but plenty of hills (and mud) – do you really need anything else?

The only slight worry about the other events is that they are putting on a road bike event and a running event at the same time as each MTB event, so they might get spread a bit thin???

midwales
    Free Member

No need to worry about our summer events, we have a strong enough team to be able to cope with the three different events. Each event has it’s own seperate team, the start/finish and at least one of the feed stations will be shared.

Dont worry Red Kite Events will be bringing you excllent routes again, and possibly the best feed stations in the UK.

We also have support from Mercedes Vito/EuroCommercial, Continental Tyres, Nuun, Mule Bar, WhackJob, Strata Medical.

midwales
    Free Member

Link to the website is http://www.redkite-events.co.uk The site is getting a make over in the next couple of weeks. Just waiting for Mercedes/EuroCommercial to update us. The site is fully working and is taking online bookings.

tomstickland
    Free Member

I did the Devil’s MTB last year – epic and I’ve done 2 of the xc winter races which were both a good laugh.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Red Kite events, any good?’ is closed to new replies.