Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Red Bull Fox Hunt
  • allankelly

Hiya, this https://www.facebook.com/events/450312705113527/ event is on in the Pentlands by Edinburgh this weekend. Does anyone know the route? We’re guessing Allermuir Hill down to the Ski Centre.

Cheers, al.

himupstairs

speculation here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/red-bull-in-the-pentlands

dunno if anything further has been heard of or discovered.

Northwind

Looks like it but I’ve not seen much- might go up and have a poke about, my bike’s racing in it though I’m not on account of the penis thing.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s about 5 meters away from Terra Fife’s house apparently. No exaggerating.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

A friend who is doing is says allermuir down to swanston through the golf course.

bigjim

Yes some classic NIMBYism going on facebook!

Northwind

I’m kind of amazed it’s happening at all tbh! I guess Red Bull can be persuasive. “Let us do our race or we’ll give sugary drinks to all the local teens and they’ll come and spazz out in your garden”

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

My wife’s also booked on and received the participant pack sometime last week.

I’m not familiar with the area but the route looks to run parallel with Swanston Golf Course and ends near the garage on the A702.

Whilst we’re on the subject has anybody got a map or GPX of a local route I could ride on the Saturday after my taxi/bike mechanic services are no longer required?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Ooh some excellent angry posts there. If it wasn’t an official Red Bull event I can imagine that it would be fairly easy to hold a bit of an adhoc race up there, but Red Bull aren’t likely to be taking any legal chances are they.

scotroutes

Swanton Estate seem to be more than happy to host events. They were right behind that event (that didn’t happen) 3 or so years ago.

jamiep
    Free Member

Does anyone know anything about the additional routes yet?

“Set over a challenging yet fun course, combining sections of existing trails with additional runs[/u] and multi-terrain sections…”

allankelly

Anyone know the time of day for the race events?

bigjim

the competitors know, I suspect they aren’t going to release it to the public to stop people/strava warriors hacking down it in advance and upsetting golfers/cows/horses/walkers

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Sounds like “Terra Fife” is perhaps finding out about the inability of local government bodies to communicate properly within themselves, rather than Red Bull’s ability to properly licence event in the first place.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

The other half’s doing this so i’ll take the bike too and go for a wee spin somewhere. See some of you there!

grey

I’ll be there. Like Northwind I have a bike racing in it, but I’m not being male.
    I’ve seen the map and it looks good but i’ve not seen any info on spectating yet.
    I’ll probably head across both days as I’ll be playing pit bitch for a couple of friends taking part.

drumon

Can’t find any times/schedule online, has anyone else?
    Sounds like it’ll be a fun event to watch!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Red Bull Fox Hunt’ is closed to new replies.