Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • recumbent curious
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Ben the Zeppelin only had 2 wheels 😆

bencooper
    Free Member

Can I volunteer to be the skeptical tester?

Definitely, if you can talk them into doing the article!

molgrips
    Free Member

I always fancied writing STW articles actually 🙂

The trike’s up in Scotland tho.. hmm… Bit of a long trip for a spin 🙂

EDIT just seen your FB page.. Saw you are making electric stuff.. for a short while my LBS was a place in Germany that was fitting 500W motors into low rider fully faired two wheel recumbents. I reckon you’d have to be watching out for speed cameras in that thing.

kayak23

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uVpw2QYupQ[/video]

nickc

In a sportive two or three years ago a tandem recumbent 2 wheeler came past me doing at least a million miles an hour*

Looked **** ace fun TBH

* maybe half a mil, dunno really…didn’t they ban them from the TdF for being too fast against regular diamond framed bikes

bencooper
    Free Member

didn’t they ban them from the TdF for being too fast against regular diamond framed bikes

Yup, in 1934.

wwaswas

Just had a vision of the team time trial where the whole team is riding a single multi-seat recumbent. Available power v frontal area would be huge 🙂

midlifecrashes

How manoeuvrable are they when not riding, especially the trikes. Round this part of the world the Sustrans and other off road options are badly infested with these barriers. Total pain when pulling a child trailer.

roverpig

Yes, I reckon those barriers would be a pain. I remember getting frustrated with barriers like that when riding the (admittedly fully loaded) StreetMachine on Sustrans paths during our End-to-End trip. Sometimes it would just go under the barrier 🙂 But if not it was a pain to manhandle it through.

bencooper
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s easiest to flip the bike up on end – pretty easy to do with something like a StreetMachine. Not a problem if it has overseat steering of course.

Most two-wheelers, especially with underseat steering, will self-steer – you can just push the back of the seat. For tight manoeuvring, the CoG is around the handlebars, so you can just stand up and lift the bike by the bars.

Trikes pull well in reverse – pull it behind you by the rack.

I used to carry my trike through snowdrifts on my head – upside-down with my head on the seat, it balanced very well…

jackthedog
    Free Member

This thread made me want one. Mmmm.

pb300431 by Dr Hotdog, on Flickr

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘recumbent curious’ is closed to new replies.