Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recovered bike… Stolen? Huddersfield (Linthwaite area)
  • djen83
    Free Member

Has anybody In the Huddersfield area had a bike stolen recently? I’ve just recovered one that I’m quite confident has been ‘dumped’. I’d rather not post a photo on an open forum just in case somebody sees it and fancies a free bike! Its a road bike, very large, low value but very well looked after. It’s old… I’m guessing at least 15-20 years old minimum. PM me with a further description if it’s yours! Please share with other groups if necessary

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Might be worth firing an email to the Huddersfield Star Wheelers – big club and between them will know lots of local riders:

http://www.starwheelers.com/index.php

djen83
    Free Member

Already done, thanks though

hora
    Free Member

It doesnt have ‘chris’ on it?

djen83
    Free Member

Not that I can see! Got a feeling I’m going to be stuck with it now! It looks like it’s someones pride and joy!

hora
    Free Member

someone suddenly taken ill and/or laying in thd undergrowth nearby?

Scapegoat

Is it a creamy white steel framed drop bar road bike? There’s been one in the rack outside the bike shop at the junction of Low Westwood Lane and Man Rd for weeks, just wondering if some ‘erbert has nicked that from outside the shop?

djen83
    Free Member

No it doesnt fit that description, I looked in the bushes and there was nobody around. A young lad did a few shifty looks left and right and slung it on to an elevated grass verge at the side of the road opposite my house. He then ran off! Weird!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recovered bike… Stolen? Huddersfield (Linthwaite area)’ is closed to new replies.