Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recording off Amazon Prime
  • scotroutes

Possible? A new series is coming to the UK via Amazon Prime and I was wondering if there was some way of recording it (already a Prime Instant Video customer).

andyl
    Free Member

Point your mobile at the screen in a dark room?

I imagine there is some sort of DRM that stops you making a digital copy. Probably easier to find one of those naughty online sources of music and films.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Probably easier to find it some where less legal, but there used to be software called Tunebite that let you capture video from streaming services as it basically recorded the feed as you streamed it.

jota180
    Free Member

Surely, if you’ve paid for it you can just download a torrent?

hypnotoad
    Free Member

If you’re handy with Wireshark/Tshark you may be able to pull it off, but it’s not exactly a one click solution I’m afraid.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

You can use an HDMI splitter to an HDMI to component converter and then then is a Hauppage box that takes component input and records it.

scaredypants

turnerguy, does that work? – been meaning to give it a try

hammyuk
    Free Member

There is also a workaround if you want to do a bit of fiddling with a hard drive attached to a Smart TV 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

turnerguy, does that work? – been meaning to give it a try

yes, I use it to rip movies for watching on my tablet when flying somewhere.

When the haupagge box isn’t plugged in then the component feed is going to a slingbox 360 so I can stream over the wireless to elsewhere in the house – and it streams HD ok.

The splitter and the hdmi to component box are both branded Neet, here is one of them :

the hdmi feed is from a virgin tivo box.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recording off Amazon Prime’ is closed to new replies.