Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recording CDs onto SD card
  • suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I’ve finally decided to join the 21st century and record my CDs onto an MP3 playable format (SD card?)
    As you can tell I’m a bit of a numpty at elecktrickery, so can anyone recommend a CD player/recorder that will do the business? My laptop doesn’t do CDs…
    And while we’re at it, an MP3 player or whatever to plug into me old car stereo (it has the socket)?
    Ta.

woody2000

How much do you value your time? I decided to rip all my CDs, took me bloody forever even on a pretty quick laptop.

Pay for a music streaming service that allows you to download content, then just plug your phone in to the car. Amazon prime is probably(?) the cheapest, though it may not carry the biggest or most up to date content.

the-muffin-man

I’ve finally decided to join the 21st 20th century

FTFY

bails

Get an external CD/DVD drive for your laptop.

Then rip the CDs to your laptop.

When you say your car stereo has the socket, do you mean a 3.5mm aux in socket (like a headphone socket) or a USB port?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

When you say your car stereo has the socket, do you mean a 3.5mm aux in socket (like a headphone socket) or a USB port?

One of these: http://www.chromelondon.com/iphonemp3-autoswitch-lead-stereo—7-pin-aux-4377-p.asp

CountZero

I’m not sure there’s ever been a CD player that allows the copying/ripping onto an SD card.
    You need to have a screen to be able to decide bitrate, etc when you rip the disc, and a hard drive to put the ripped files onto before copying them onto a card.
    There’s a box you can rip discs into, and play back from, but I don’t think it allows transfer of tracks onto a card.

km79
    Free Member

Quicker and less hassle to just download/torrent them.

nickdavies

It’s more than likely going to be a lot easier to point your browser at a friendly torrenting site and download the required albums.

I spent days and days ripping my cds using a 2 cd drive pc, got it all sorted then decided to use Apple Music to fill in the blanks. It deleted the lot. So I decided a tenner a month to have the apple music service was easier.

Seems I’ve just worked out where this ransomware stuff originated…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recording CDs onto SD card’ is closed to new replies.