Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Record 'unbreakable'
  • dabble
    Free Member

Thats a good story

parkesie
    Free Member

Hero

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Great story what an achievement, hats off!

Woody
    Free Member

Astonishing!

After the feat, Godwin had to learn to walk normally again and uncurl his hands.

😯

monkeyboyjc

dang…..
    theres another guiness record i wont be trying….

seosamh77
    Free Member

cheers had never heard of him.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

that’s 205 miles a day, every day.

flip
    Free Member

Well done that man!

tang
    Free Member

One of the reasons I love cycling culture. Mad hard people stretching the limits of what the mortal body is capable of.

iridebikes
    Free Member

bloody hell!

gwaelod
    Free Member

Easily happens – He had a garmin and set it up for a local 50mile TT course – didn’t twig till he passed a sign for Vladivostock

NewRetroTom

Bit of a legend really! I had heard of him before thanks to a peice in Cycling Weekly a couple of years ago.

It really puts into perspective what some people call “feats of endurance”. Try cycling 100,000 miles in 500 days!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Did he swipe that man’s drink? He doesn’t look happy.

DavidB
    Free Member

I am the Dave Barter quoted and am a bit miffed to be labelled a bloody Historian.

At no point in the phone conversation did that journo tell me it was getting published, he was going to email me for some proper quotes. Idiot published first draft stating Mallory climbed Everest.

DavidB
    Free Member

Ps. No offence meant to Historians, you are all gorgeous people but I am a writer darlings

richen987
    Free Member

That is incrediable, good find, will definitely keep an eye out for the book, shou.d be an intresting read.

tonyg2003

There was a good article on Goodwin’s records in Cycling Weekly (the comic)a couple of months ago. Amazing stuff.

sparksmcguff

Never heard of Tommy Goodwin till today. Absolutely amazing. Very interested in reading what you have to say about the year record DavidB (when’s the book out?), where there many attempts on it in the twenties and thirties or did TG just set out to ride as far as he could?

Regarding Mallory and everest – BBC journos get very little time to put a story together so not surprising there are so many errors on the BBC website.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Isn’t it actually ‘unbreakable’ because Guinness refuse to accept anymore attempts at it as it is so dangerous?

NewRetroTom

The wikipedia entry is quite informative

Wiki
    It has a table showing the records for the year.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he was a vegetarian as well so often cited in debates about is effect on fitness etc.
    absolute hero [ not due to diet].

DavidB
    Free Member

Tonyg I wrote that as well and the wikipedia page 🙂

Book will be next year practically as I am researching all of the riders and trying to put it all in modern context. There is a book out about Tommy already but it is nowhere near the one I think needs writing. Walter Greave’s story us equally insipiring and done with only one arm.

tonyg2003

Well DavidB congrats. It was the best article I’ve read in the comic for ages. If you keep that up over a book it will sell well.

takisawa2

I’m sure they featured him on a local news program called Inside Out, but it would have only been on round here in the Middlelands. Simply staggering.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Record 'unbreakable'’ is closed to new replies.