Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommended routes in Snowdonia under current conditions
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I’m probably going to Snowdonia next weekend and assuming conditions remain the same I will be spending one day doing Snowdon itself but the other day is unplanned as of yet and I’d like recommendations for good routes in the area- I’ve seen the route from Capel around Llyn Colwyd reservoir but I’ve also head that its very boggy at the moment.

So what are peoples recommendations?

chakaping
    Free Member

the route from Capel around Llyn Colwyd reservoir but I’ve also head that its very boggy at the moment.

Ridiculously boggy up from the A5 to Llyn Colwyd a few weeks ago. Doubt it has dried much.

But I would definitely recommend directly up from Capel Curig over to Llyn Crafnant and then straight back. And then probably back up to the top and down again because that rocky descent to Capel is such a corker!

RustySpanner

Was there last week – it’s bloody wet, tbh.
    We ended up doing a road ride, it was that bad. 🙁

The quarries were fun, as always, but most of our usual routes were just like riding down a stream bed.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

what the quarries routes? I have no idea on Snowdonia routes, I know the area okish but I’ve only ever ridden there once and that was down Snowdon, so the res of my knowledge is as a climber/ scrambler

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s a load of man made stuff in easy reach (CyB, Betws Y Coed, Penmachno, Machynlleth, Antur Stiniog). Not exactly out in the wilds but some of these have a pretty wild feel and won’t be very busy this time of year, and of course, won’t be wet and boggy.

RustySpanner

YGM.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Cheers but I’m not looking for man made stuff, I’ve done a lot of the welsh trail centres and now we want to try the natural stuff- why in the winter I don’t know!

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner, thanks for that, thats great

pinch_flat
    Free Member

any other suggestions?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

there is football on in bangor on friday night, a few after match scoops and then a night ride to llanberis ready for sat

lowey

Rusty.. can I have a gander at that email too please ?

Many thanks.

RustySpanner

Ay.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommended routes in Snowdonia under current conditions’ is closed to new replies.