Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommended high quality photo printing service?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

I have a load of digital photo’s (mostly stored on a memory stick), but would like to get some prints (both standard photo sizes and larger pictures).

I’d like to have really good quality prints (rather than general ‘snapshot / show the family’ quality – not that there’s anything wrong with that!), with excellent colour replication / sharpness etc.

Does anyone have an online service that they’d recommend for high quality prints?

Ta!

grum
    Free Member

My local photo lab is really very good – http://www.farnellphotographiclab.co.uk/ – lustre finish prints look great imo.

They don’t have online ordering but you can email them/yousendit them some images and they’ll print and send them to you.

DSCL are pretty good as well.

stumpy01

Depends what you want, really.

If you want a cut above the norm, which it sounds like you do it would be worth going to someone like this:
    http://www.theprintspace.co.uk/
    but it’s quite pricey if you are getting lots done.

For 99% of stuff, a print from someone like Photobox will look pretty good. I particularly like their satin/matt finish.

grum
    Free Member

By the way, this is a bit of a minefield:

with excellent colour replication

Unless you have an expensively calibrated monitor, it’s hard to guarantee that the colours you see on your screen are going to be exactly the same as those printed. Some printing companies have a downloadable test chart that you can print off and compare to how it looks on your screen.

stumpy01

Unless you have an expensively calibrated monitor, it’s hard to guarantee that the colours you see on your screen are going to be exactly the same as those printed. Some printing companies have a downloadable test chart that you can print off and compare to how it looks on your screen.

I’d second that. I’ve seen plenty of complaints that Photobox prints always come back very dark, but I have not experienced this.
    If you can’t get a calibration chart to print off, then it might be worth ordering one or two prints to see how they look before committing to a whole heap of them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommended high quality photo printing service?’ is closed to new replies.