Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommended me a 26" wheel set?
  • colster808
    Free Member

I’ve come to except I find choosing wheels baffling. Always bought mavic in the past but getting fed up with them. My current set is a pair of mavic cross trails. Positives are they seem to zip along, rims have been fine, easy tubeless setup, look good. Negatives are play in axel, spokes are a pain.

I’m looking for something at least as good as these. I ride trail centers, peaks, BPWs and am partial to a few of the larger drops at chicksands. I’m 13stone in my gear. Tubeless is important.

Happy to buy secound hand.

I thought the superstar carbon wheels look like a bargain with the current discount? Any thoughts on these? Cheers

colster808
    Free Member

Oh and 142 X 12 rear. 15mm front ta

tor5
    Free Member

Hope and Flow EX?

Edit: Should be able to find a used set in decent nick for less than £200

blitz

Stans Arch ex from Planet X. Front £75 rear £50. In those sizes too.

colster808
    Free Member

Those Stan’s look good. Added to basket but I think the rear is 12 X 135 for the 26″. Correct me if I’m wrong

blitz

You’re wrong 🙂 I recently ordered it after planet X said it was 12 X 135 but when it arrived it was 12 X 142.

colster808
    Free Member

Ok cool. How you finding them? Hubs ok?

blitz

I’ve got the front on ready to ride tomorrow so not used in anger yet. The rear will be going back as I needed 135. The spin test seems good though!

colster808
    Free Member

Just read your other thread…good old plant X 🙂

blitz

Yep, my loss is your gain!

deviant
    Free Member

Pacenti TL28 or DL31, both light and wide enough for today’s tyres….both readily built up with whatever hub spacing takes your fancy on Superstar’s site.
    I plan to fit some DL31 wheels in 26 variety to a 650b hardtail this year to create something super stable and low….On-One Dee Dar is looking like a front runner at the moment….will also give me loads of mud clearance using 26 inch wheels in 650b forks.

colournoise

Flow EX on Superstar Switch (Evo or Ultra or whatever they call them this week). Go to budget wheelset. Never had an issue with this setup on 3 different bikes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommended me a 26" wheel set?’ is closed to new replies.