Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommended campsite North Yorkshire?
  • franki
    Free Member

We might be spending a week camping in North Yorkshire soon and I thought the STW masses may be able to recommend a good site.
    There’s the wifey, me and our 13 yr old daughter and walking, biking (Dalby at some point,), seaside stuff etc will be on the agenda.

We stayed at Hooks House Farm, Robin Hood’s Bay 2 yrs back, which was lovely, but quite packed-in, as it was smallish. We were lucky to have one of the best pitches there, but it might have been a different story if we had to camp in other parts of the site.
    We’re looking for a quiet site – no clubhouses or any of that shite! 😉

Personal recommendation always seems best when it comes to campsites as they can easily make or break a holiday!

Cheers!

headfirst
    Free Member

DO NOT stay at Spiers House nr. dalby forest, the midges are very very very bad!!!! Shame, because otherwise it would be perfect.

nickf
    Free Member

I’ve been here loads of times. Lovely place, just near Scar House Reservoir. Good riding & walking, charming pubs, and decent people running the site. Thoroughly recommended.

http://www.studfoldfarm.co.uk/

fatboyslo
    Free Member

you could do a lot worse than

High Yedmandale

At the end of a long country lane so no through traffic,
    owners are great and easy going,

PLUS

direct access to loads of cycling ttrails including back ways into Dalby

chorlton
    Free Member

We stopped at Middlewood Farm in Robin Hoods bay a few weeks ago and seemed nice. Just outside a quiet village so easy walking distance to the pub. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommended campsite North Yorkshire?’ is closed to new replies.