Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommended 2017 MTB events please..
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hi,

As title. Fancy putting some dates in the diary for 2017 events and looking for some inspiration. What do people recommend?

Cheers..

Northwind

I have the Glentress Seven and the Fort William Endurance Downhill in the diary, very different but both awesome events. Not feeling a lot of excitement for other stuff this year but I’ll sign up for the Elliot Campbell Memorial Timetrial at Innerleithen if the BC site will ever let me, and maybe some Scottish Enduro rounds.

But what sort of thing do you want?

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@northwind. Just looking for fun events , non too serious, but happy to be long distance ones to challenge me. Last year did a couple of mtb marathons and the Dyfi winter warmer (which I’m doing again in a couple of weeks).

Muke
    Free Member

SSUK

superstu
    Free Member

Mountain mayhem and 24/12 are two I’ll probably do. Both can be grim but I’m just going to enjoy it and relax, do what I can and have a laugh.

Straightliner

Brighton Big Dog and the after party?

Toasty

Even though it’s really expensive and doesn’t seem to offer much over just riding it myself, I was quite tempted by – http://ratrace.com/thecrossing/ My folks also live in Scarborough which seemed mighty convenient.

Normally do stuff like Mayhem, feel like a bit of an adventure this year. Not sure what other explorey stuff there is.

rsvktm

Clennal Collussus and Breamish Behemouth, if I’ve spelt them right. Couple of Mtb marathon style events in Norhumberland, great scenery and good atmosphere. More a challenge than a race, fair few don’t finish..

fifeandy
    Free Member

Relentless24, surely doesn’t get much more inspiring than beasting yourself for 24hrs on some great trails.

richpips
    Free Member

Grand Raid Cristalp

Mega Avalanche

eskay

My two favourites are the Wentwood 50 (entries already full) and the Batch Burner.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’m doing 24/12 this year. It’s my first time doing it, my first event since my disastrous Mountain Mayhem in 2012,and I’ve been off the bike for pretty much a year due to pregnancy/spawning. What could possibly go wrong?

welshfarmer

How is your map reading? Have a go at Mountain Bike Orienteering. Really good events, quite competitive if you want, or just a great way to explore new areas if you aren’t. Most events only cost about £12 for 3+ hours and you get grub afterwards in the price so plenty good value compared to many of the more “hardcore” events.

http://www.bmbo.org.uk/calendar/

akira

Mountain mayhem always good, gorrick races always fun as well if you’re down south. Quite enjoyed some of the Wiggle/Evans rides as well.

ferrals
    Free Member

the Batch Burner

Really want to do that one year, looks a great place to ride and a fun event. Maybe next year 🙂

I also want to do Brighton Big Dog, not ridden 6hrs fast in a long time so would probably do it in a pair to make the most of the party afterwards!

shortcut

I’m being very adventurous this year with The Pioneer in February and Singletrack6 at the beginning of August.

Around those I would expect to do: Brass Monkey’s this weekend (if the cold goes away), maybe a Gorrick or two, Brighton Big Dog, Gorrick Kawasaki 100, Torq 12:12, maybe Mayhem and potentially a Scott Marathon or two (not the Wantage one because that was boring).

jimster01

Fancy doing the Batch Burner, will have to see how the land lies.

Had the ok to do the Wild Boar Chase 14th May down the FoD.

SimonR

Welsh Ride Thing (May Day bank holiday weekend) always fun (sometimes in an after-the-event-on-reflection fun way!)

Also entered for the South Lakes Ride for Jenn this year

I quite like the SiEntries website as an easy way to see what’s around https://www.sientries.co.uk/index.php

scotroutes

Tour de Ben Nevis

mp33
    Free Member

End2end has been good last few years..

Home

onewheelgood

HONC entries open tomorrow

twistedpencil
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommended 2017 MTB events please..’ is closed to new replies.