Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommendations we'd for a budget steel touring frame poss full bike
  • cannondaleking
    Free Member

I want to build up a full on touring bike or buy one secondhand any one got any recommendations? If second hand I need a 54cm top tube or 52cm as I ride 54cm in normal size

ampthill

Well standard answer is Planet-X kaffenback

Discs?

1-shed
    Free Member
    Olly
    Free Member

26″ inbred frame will take 700c x 32 ish tyres with no problems at all.
    or just stick with 26″ wheels like a normal person and get some slick tyres.

thomthumb
    Free Member

triton have fairdale and salsa bikes/ frames reduced; bargin prices but maybe outside the budget?

drewd

I know you asked for a frame, but this is a cheap built bike.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-country-explorer-14?bct=browse%2fbicycles%2ftouring-bikes

I’ve got no experience of them first hand, but people seem to like them and they are hard to beat in terms of VFM.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got a very nice 54cm 653 Harry Hall touring frame for sale. Its got rack mounts front and rear, three water bottle bosses. Rear wheel spacing is 135mm, the stays and forks will accommodate 35mm tyres.

It’ll come with a Chris King headset, Tektro cantilever brakes, seat post and stem. Looking for about £250 posted.

It’s in really good condition with a deep blue/purple finish.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I’ve got a Medium Kaffenback frame and fork (plus headset, seat post and stem) for sale cheap if you are interested… Also a 105 3×10 group set….

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Cheers guys Andy can you drop me a pic of the kaffenback is not even thought about something like to use lol.

alexpalacefan

I love my Kaff, get one if you can
    APF

sbtouring
    Free Member

Surly LHT. Tried touring several times on many different bikes, finally had the money to buy a LHT frame last year, its simply the best bike purhase I have made. Really nice to ride, very comfortable even after 13hrs cycling.

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Been looking for one for months myself! Your two best options for a frame are:

Intec – give them a google, lots of models, all the German forums rate them!

A second hand rig – post up in the wanted section!

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

cannondaleking sorry for delay in getting back to you….

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Cheers for getting back to me I’ve picked up a surly ogre frame set today cheap from a mate. Gonna build it up with bar end shifters and discs, I couldn’t believe my luck on the ogre proper bargain.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations we'd for a budget steel touring frame poss full bike’ is closed to new replies.