Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommendations for mini UK roadtrip…
  • MasterBates
    Free Member

So I’ve a week off shortly, and am thinking of throwing the bike in the car and visiting a few Trail Centres etc; got about 5 days heading out from Essex so I was thinking, Coed-y-Brenin, Afan and Leith Hill.

Going alone and on a small budget – not been to Wales centres before so feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance 😀

uplink
    Free Member

Not much to say about the 2 Welsh trail centres – both great fun, just turn up & ride, take 2 days at each of them
    You may need some local knowledge for Leith hill though, not my neck of the woods but there’s plenty of info available

will
    Free Member

Woooo you’ll have far too much fun in Wales! Brilliant riding there, go and enjoy 🙂

MasterBates
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll stick to the Welsh stuff, can anyone recommend accomodation, B&B, Bunkhouse- doesn’t matter, ta.

trailmonkey

Why not try some natural stuff in SW England – Q’s and Dartmoor – then some trail centre stuff in S Wales. That should fill 5 days 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

you HAVE to do Cwmcarn too, you are in for what could possibly be too much fun!

MasterBates
    Free Member

Nuts – too much damn choice……….

Keep the recommendations coming guys, it’s much appreciated! Not ridden any of the Welsh stuff before so may just concentrate there.

Oh, and I’ll be sure to post pics on my return.

snaps
    Free Member

Last year I did a 3 day mini road trip, started at Afan next day drove to Brechfa & stayed at Aberystwyth then did Nant-y-arain before returning home.
    It was superb for riding, easily spend another day at Afan & Nant without doing the same trails & theres plenty of natural stuff near each as well.
    Loads of local info here http://www.mtb-wales.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for mini UK roadtrip…’ is closed to new replies.