Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommendations – Cheap Glasses
  • JonHood
    Free Member

Managed to snap 2 pairs of DHB glasses frames over the weekend, and want to try something different.

Any suggestions on good set of cheap glasses that don’t mist up loads?

Cheapness (as i’m a cack handed fool) and lack of “look like a ****” styling (as i already do) most important

Cheers
    jon

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bolle safety glasses –

binners

What TJ said

failedengineer

Bolle safety glasses are excellent – quality’s as good as much more expensive shades. However, I found that they misted up badly so I drilled a few holes to improve it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I posted a similar thread this morning and no one replied 🙁

I’m using the bolle safety glasses currently, but they dont stay on very well, and the lenses don’t stop mud flying up from below so was after an alternative? (clear lenses)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/which-clear-lense-glasses

cobba
    Free Member

Lidl or Aldi sports glasses are ok.Hard case,cloth and 3 different lenses.

gren
    Free Member

Avenir (Raleigh) ones. £20 4 lenses – clear, yellow, dark and polarised dark. Easy swap lenses and actually look okay.

They do steam up a bit on the climbs though

deaks101
    Free Member
    JonHood
    Free Member

Cheers – will give the Bolle Safety glasses a go….and try not to drill ventilation holes in the middle of the lens…

JonHood
    Free Member

ooh those revolutions look tempting too cheers Deaks

jonba
    Free Member

+ another for bolle saftey glasses.

Look fine, give UV protection (but then so do most) and are tested to approved safety standards for impact (although I’m not sure what would happen if you fired a shotgun at them).

I get min on Ebay, about £8 when I last looked. Loads of different models. SPider springs to mind

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bolle+spider&FORM=BIFD#x0y0

filks

Endura stingray. Hard and soft case, decent quality and 4 different lenses. £36

squealingbrakes
    Free Member

Anyone know if oyu can you get prescription lens made to fit the frames?

bobfleming

Also had two pairs of dhb snap here too.

Impressed so far with the Polaris ones I got from CRC. About £25 and vented. Very comfy and almost stylish.

headpotdog
    Free Member

+1 Bolle safety glasses. Unbelievable value for money 🙂

continuity
    Free Member

ESI shooting glasses

TheFopster
    Free Member

Bolle contour. Under a tenner and no misting as long as you are moving. They steam up when stationary but of course if you’re stopped you can take them off. Simples!

meehaja
    Free Member

I got some lovely Oakleys for an excellent price… Can’t say where though (But I expected free prawn crackers…)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations – Cheap Glasses’ is closed to new replies.