Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend us a Trailer
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

We hired a trailer at Dalby at the weekend and all really enjoyed it, so we are looking to buy one now. If you’ve got one, which one and what do you like/ dislike about it?

finally, anyone looking to sell one? 😀

joemarshall
    Free Member

For kids or luggage?

If for kids, then I can recommend a Croozer.

It is jolly well built, rolls nicely, not too ridiculously heavy, tons of space for luggage (I’ve camped with a baby and all our camping gear in the back of it), and only quite expensive, as opposed to the ridiculously expensive Chariot ones. Oh and it can be a running buggy or a normal (if large) round the shops buggy, it comes with the different wheels etc.

All the hire places round us have Burley ones. Personally I don’t think they’re as cozy as the Croozer, but I presume they are also quite robust.

Cheaper trailers I’ve seen are silly heavy, and have much less nice seats and less good straps etc. for holding the kids in, which I think probably makes a difference.

I have a double, which is okay, but a bit wide sometimes, particularly off road – a single trailer would be much better for when things get tight.

The seats on the Croozer are kind of hammocky – they hang off the frame, which gives the whole thing a bit of suspension – I’ve certainly never worried about not having the full on suspension of a Chariot trailer. Especially now Rose is two and she’s always egging me on to ride faster at speed bumps or little jumps on the track so she bounces in the air!

robob
    Free Member

+1 for the croozer.

we use our double as a buggy and shopping cart as well!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yes, sorry for kids! The one we hired was an Adventure, which I think is pretty basic, but did the job. We only want a single as think the doubles are too wide really, it only just fit round the green route at dalby and we will want to do a bit more adventurous stuff than that. Will have a look for Croozers, thanks for the rec.

kimbers

croozer kid for 2 is ace, it is quite wide though but othter than that brilliant piece of kit

quite expensive but we got ours off ebay for a great price 🙂

IHN

Ginger and Mrs, earlier:

mrsflash
    Free Member

😀 i’ve been called worse!

brassneck

Doubles are handy for the extra luggage space – Mrs B rides to school with B-most-junior in it, the other two ride their bikes but lunch boxes, schoolbags and enormous Lego models for Show’n’Tell have to go somewhere… they aren’t massively bigger than the singles either.
    I actually have the double version of what I think you hired and it’s coped with all our days out admirably (under £150 I think it was, new) – to be honest the fun doesn’t properly start till they can hang on to a tag-a-long 🙂

GrahamS

We’ve got a Bellelli Bike Taxi (that someone off here sold us – available new in Halfords).

Good points:
    – folds down small enough to stick in the shed / boot of the car.
    – room for two toddlers
    – not so wide that it can’t go through gates etc
    – weatherproof with windows and “sunroof” that can be rolled up or down as required
    – room for nappy bag and swimming gear in the back.
    – solid base
    – seems very durable. Nice solid plastic base.
    – decent size wheels
    – lot cheaper than a Croozer
    – daughter loves it

Potential Bad Points:
    – no suspension, hardish seat and solid “spokes” (fine for us, we use it on cycle paths and road, but wouldn’t recommend it for anything bumpy).
    – had to bodge the hitch onto my bike as it wasn’t designed with cowled dropouts in mind.

karnali
    Free Member

have a bumper explorer duo, had it for about 4 years now was about 100 to buy and can’t faul it really, both kids have aloved it, used it for overnight trips and general riding about going to tht eshops with kids etc as well, excellent as a push chair as well.

would recomend one

mrsflash
    Free Member

we hired the double and it was a squeeze on some of the tracks, just thing a single would open up a few more opportunities of where you could take it. We do want one for off roading rather than general to the shops an out and about type riding as we don’t tend to do that sort of thing tbh.

adi66
    Free Member

I had a Trek Go Bug it was super light, and brilliant to tow. cost £400 new, sold it for £200 5 years after I got it… the kids loved it to bits, and really didn’t want to see it go 🙁

Chris.H
    Free Member

We’ve got a Burley D’lite that we put on ebay last night. I don’t have more info with me.

Its about 3 years old, it has the bowed sides for extra elbow room, padded harnesses, large space behind the seats for all child related equipment etc. You can either have two side by side or one sat in the middle for stability

Our girls have loved it but they now prefer riding by themsleves.

Garry_Lager

Croozer here, same one as in Kimbers post. Spent ages researching it / waiting for a good one to come up second hand, when I just should have gone ahead and bought it – great trailer.

A single will be more versatile for sure – the only drawback to our double is that it’s a bit of a battleship – you need to think ahead if you’re off-road with it as something as simple as a gate with a stile can tuck you up. I was round a trail centre blue with ours last week near Dartmoor and it was a bit of a squeeze in parts.

crispy
    Free Member

I have a Chariot Cougar II (2 seater) which I am thinking about selling now that our two eldest are a bit more proficient on bikes. THE Best trailer you can get. It’s such a damned fine machine! Light, well made, easy to tow, has adjustable suspension. And, what’s more, you can buy jogging, stroller and even cross-country skiing attachments for it!

If you’re interested, flick me an email.

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend us a Trailer’ is closed to new replies.