Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend some shed lighting
  • younggeoff

After some lighting for the shed and don’t want to run mains cable in there. what’s the best, reasonably priced lights available.

Stoner
    Free Member

loads of googlehits for “solar powered shed lights”.

younggeoff

thanks but there’s loads out there just wondering if anyone got any they can recommend

brant
    Free Member

A window.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Window only really works in the day? Plus my shed window is boarded up to prevent prying eyes.

mountainchub
    Free Member

mmm I have the same dilemma and use a couple of push-on cupboard battery lights. They are RUBBISH!

I was thinking of wiring up a big fluorescent with a long extension cable and plug and running it into the house when I want to work outside. My other idea is similar but fixing a 300w flood lamp inside the shed so it acts as a heater too (again with the extension) :o)

I’ve heard of people running cheap LED lights with about 150hours of burn time.

nickjb
    Free Member

I always thought about some 12v led lights, a car battery and a solar charger. Never actually did anything about it. Currently I use an extension lead and the new shed is getting proper water and electric.

stumpy01

Younggeoff….where did you get with this?

My car has no boot light (for some reason some Ibizas do and some don’t). Anyway, I wanted a light I could stick up in the car when I go riding so I can see what I am doing when putting everything back in the boot in a pitch black car park.

Well, Wilkinsons do an LED light that is bloody marvellous – I got one at the weekend. It’s about an 8″ diameter white disc with LEDs all around the circumference and is flipping bright. It has 3 levels, but I can’t really discern among them. It takes 3 AAs and costs £3.95. Took me a while to find it in there so have a good root around! I reckon a couple of these in your average shed would be more than sufficient.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some shed lighting’ is closed to new replies.