Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommend some riding very near the A303 please
  • leggyblonde
    Free Member

Looking at getting a ride in on the way back from Croyde. We’ll be on our hardtails so UK bike park is probably not an option!

Cheers

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Careful – public forum and all that Leggy 😉 😉 !!!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Collingbourne Woods? Plenty of singletrack goodness.

You can park at Crawlboys lane in Ludgershall.

Edit: Turn left onto Blackmore Lane for closer parking.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I’m not asking for cheeky jumps and gaps, just good legal trails!

Cheers MM

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was only teasing 😉 Have fun!!

cinnamon_girl

Loads of options I would say, ie Mere (Wiltshire), Wylye Valley, Collingbourne Woods and the Test Valley (near Andover), Black Wood singletrack near Micheldever (between 303/M3).

Depends what you want and where.

HTH. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Plantations in Andover….

😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Does the Plantations still exist? It must be 10 years since I went there!

cinnamon_girl

The Plantations in Andover….

Where’s that then Cap’n?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, the Plantations are still the venerable establishment that you knew, with all the class and sophistication….. 😉

For CG – http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1822684

cinnamon_girl

Sleaze obviously. 🙄

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

There’s always Tunnel Hill, Odd Bod. Quite a bit of heggy peggy there, as well as the stuntramps

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Oh yes – a particulary enjoyable riding spot, shared with 4×4’s, stolen MX’ers and most of the local ferral youth element of Andover…

Still, I learnt to jump there!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Cheers all, that’s given me some food for thought.

I had actually thought about tunnel hill J, but I’m sure there’s better riding en route!

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Well obviously you are not sure, otherwise you wouldn’t be asking, would you? Mnuuuurgh.

You wanting to split the drive up or are you not bothered about where in the journey the ride is? Supposed to be some decent stuff around Taunton

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I’m sure riding on the A303 itself would be very exciting.

cinnamon_girl

I’m sure riding on the A303 itself would be very exciting

It’s sometimes used for time trials.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I am sure I just don’t know where 😛

I think breaking the drive up appeals most, but I know Exmoor way is an option too

cinnamon_girl

Apologies to the Cap’n. 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

None needed, CG, my dearest! 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Harewood Forest is “interesting” for those with a penchant for WW2 era local history 😉

acjim
    Free Member

blimey, the Plantations is a blast from the past – I remember riding there in 1991 and scaring myself silly on an Orange Clockwork – full of folk on mx bikes and kids on bmx bikes and stuff. I tried to find it a couple of years ago (now I can ride steep stuff) but couldn’t see the entrance. Is it still rideable?

cinnamon_girl

Harewood Forest is “interesting” for those with a penchant for WW2 era local history

Zulu – spill the beans!

I got caught trespassing in there by a shooting party. 😳

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay CG…

Rather large Ammo dump in WW2, with huge amounts of ammo there in the run up to, and after, D-Day, so there’s loads of structures hidden under the trees, leading in from the old railway station at Longparish.

Edit – Aha – some good pics here: http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=19423

I was also told on also good authority some years ago (by one of the local Keepers, sadly passed on now) that the old ammo depot, with its nice sheltered location, pre existing concreted roads, etc. was one of the main pre-surveyed dispersal/launch locations for the GLCM’s based at Greenham Common 8)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some riding very near the A303 please’ is closed to new replies.