Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend some knee shin pads please.
  • vondally
    Free Member

long time user of flats still using my Easton clly’s but at the moment my legs are looking like I have some medieval plague …..totally scratched, pin marks scabby mess,mainly on the shins but knees suffering. It is unsightly for a 50 year old apparently……

My riding is a mix of road access then bridleways so pedaling comfort is high or when we go to trail centre still like to ride uphill as fast as I can…which is slow and sweating like a fool….

All recommendations welcome

vondally
    Free Member

Mid afternoon bump

AntLockyer
    Free Member

The only two things I have experience of are hard shelled knee shins, which are a bit heavy and storm trooper. Or Neoprene BMX shin guards which certainly stop pedal damage but make you sweat a lot.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Not much to add but

still using my Easton clly’s

best pedals ever!
    Embrace the scars! Mine look well pretty damn horrendous after a bad landing a couple of weeks ago led to a slipped pedal and much blood / tissue everywhere. Didn’t really feel much though, such is the benefit of being a long time flat pedal user 🙂 I do try and wear shin pads if I’m at a jump spot or somewhere I’m likely to crash, but for an xc ride- no chance.

vondally
    Free Member

My shins are really scarred from the years of terror pins gouging away but, this may be an age thing, any tiny scratch pours out blood, scars and scabs and looks horrible

Worst area seems be calves look like I have had a lion mauling me…..

Thanks for try Lee link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some knee shin pads please.’ is closed to new replies.