Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend online forum for road bikes please
  • lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Looking to buy a road bike so what sites can you recommend here in the UK?

scaredypants

more roadie akshun on here than almost anywhere, I’d have thought

tk46hal
    Free Member

have a look at Bike Radar.

lunchbox
    Free Member

Singletrackworld 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Here – how much do you want to spend, and what do you want to do on it?

njee20
    Free Member

Bike Radar.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Roadie section on Bike Radar is much better than the mtb section. It is a pretty informative forum, but suffers from having a ridiculous amount of sub-forums.

xcstu
    Free Member

road.cc??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

weightweenies.starbike.com

Just don’t suggest that aero wheels might be faster than lightweight wheels, it’s a bit like saying 6″ travel bikes aren’t the best thing since sliced bread in MBR.

Although I’ll save you the effort, the default answer on there is a CAAD10 unless you can afford a super-six evo.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Looking to buy a road bike so what sites can you recommend here in the UK?

I’d recommend finding a good bike shop that do bike fits and will let you test ride a few.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

To reclarify what I am looking for is a site like Singletrack where I can buy a used road bike, as much as I like this site it is aimed more for moutain bikers and I ride both on and off road.

mrmo
    Free Member

try road.cc

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

Road.cc It is sister site to STW and really outstanding in my opinion.

Simon-E

There are surely enough clever folk on here with road bikes and/or know lots about them already, but road.cc reviews are worth a look too.

They’re all so good these days. Once you have a price band I’d say it’s a case of choosing one you like the look of and that fits you.

globalti
    Free Member

Cycle Chat is the friendliest forum, it’s a real community with some regulars who will give you plenty of helpful advice if you post in the newbie forum. I’m on there more than STW nowadays.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

Weight weenies has a wealth of very practical knowledge, so does the CTC forum.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

You`re on it, as far as I can see all the knowledge u could ever need is on here and you will have 10 answers in no time rather than waiting a few days for someone to respond, i can safely say this is the most knowledgeable / friendly forum you will find on the net.Happy hunting!!!

NormalMan

Another advocate of road.cc plus a bit of stw thrown in for good measure.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend online forum for road bikes please’ is closed to new replies.