Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me……a holiday!
  • officialtob
    Free Member

So STW massive, I’m taking the Motherhen away for a week next month, and as yet have nothing actually booked, and we’re completely undecided on where to go. Where would be recommended? The criteria:

– Looking for a totally faff-free beach-based holiday (e.g. package based, no car hire, etc.)
    – All inclusive preferred, especially at the upper end of the budget
    – Preferably an adults-orientated place
    – Budget, not wanting to spend more than £650 each
    – Ideally not more than a 4 hour flight if possible
    – Somewhere ‘nice’ (appreciate this is totally subjective!)

Puerto Banus in Spain seems to be quite appealing at the moment, however any other places we should be looking at? Your experiences welcome…

Thanks 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Croatia. Maybe one of the islands like Mijet, Brac, Hvar or nicest of all Korcula.

FuzzyWuzzy

Egypt, some bargains to be had there…

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Croatia is stunning and the beaches are amazing, the islands are nice but quiet even in the peak of summer. Hidden Croatia are very good and should have some good hotels in Cavtat or Korcula and there are some beach activities too if you are feeling active. If you stay in Dubrovnik, use the passenger ferry, the Jadrolina line, as its way cheaper than the tourist boats to get to the islands and there is a supermarket next to the ferry terminal to get a picnic for the day!

Nice is a pleasant place to while away a week too, Beaulieu sur mer is less busy, its the next beach to the east and you can do Monaco and Cannes on the train and they are both less than an hour away from Nice, ok, its not totally faff-free but the beaches and the coffee and pastries are more than worth it.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Maderia is nice, although I am not sure how Funchal will be after the recent fires.
    No sandy beaches though, which might be a killer.

officialtob
    Free Member

Egypt, some bargains to be had there..

I imagine you’re right! From what i’ve heard, the red sea resorts are meant to be unaffected…but know the Mothership wouldnt want to take the risk, nor would I probs 🙂

But hmm Croatia is somewhere I hadn’t considered,but after a brief Google, it looks stunning!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The Pollensa park hotel and spa in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca. I’m in Puerto Pollensa right now for my third time (7 th time in Majorca) though staying in an apartment and have never stayed in the Pollensa Park hotel, but the Pollensa Park hotel is all inclusive – though it might not be towards to upper end that you’re after, but its not Benidorm either, but I’m sure there are other alternatives. But Puerto Pollensa itself is lovely with a brilliant beach and Majorca is a place I keep returning to despite being lucky enough to be quite well travelled and been a lot of places. It’s not overly posh and pretentious (but if that’s what you’re after there are spots to go), but at the same time is not overtaken by those embarrassing ‘Brits abroad’ types. Its easy and quick to get to and has some stunning scenery and plenty to do. Certainly worth a look.

banks
    Free Member

oludeniz – usually not a fan of beach holidays without surfing or digging holes… but i love it here – been twice – boat trips are a bit touristy but proper cheap and a good laugh.

Also, spent quite of time wandering around the forest – dead cool but too many spiders.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me……a holiday!’ is closed to new replies.