Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me your best homemade pizza dough recipe
  • spacemonkey

Right, following on from the pizza base comments in the breadmaker thread, I thought I'd ask what recipes you recommend.

We've been using Jamie Oliver's for a couple of years and even though it rises well, it seems to take an age to roll out the bases (let's say 6-8) and then clear up the mess afterwards. I'm sure we're doing something wrong and it's us not the recipe. But it would be good to know if there's an easier method out there.

TIA

MrNutt
    Free Member

buy a kenwood chef

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Use the silver spoon italian recipe book – the pizza dough is tremendous, dry and crispy

spacemonkey

I should add that we have an SD255 breadmaker …

grumm
    Free Member

I use one from a Claudia Roden book – makes superb dough imo

willej

I use the one in the Panasonic book but don't let it prove after rolling out, just put on the toppings and straight into the oven. Yum.

Pembo
    Free Member

I use Jamie's recipe and found that mixing it all on the work surface is best. To clear up the mess just pour small amounts of boiling water from the kettle onto the work surface and all the gunk lifts off easily with a cloth.

spacemonkey

Thanks all.

Now I can't find the kneading blade. Probably £stupid for a replacement. Ar5e.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Kneading blade, ya big girl! Use your hands!!

grumm
    Free Member

Do it yourself! I find it quite therapeutic. 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

I made some last week in an sd255, and forgot I had a kneading blade. Just use the normal one, it'll work out fine.

willej

Ordinary blade works fine for dough in the SD254.

taxi25
    Free Member

I've never thought to user a processor or anything. You need
    1lb hard breadmaking flour I just use the white stuff
    tsp salt
    tsp sugar
    sachet of instant yeast
    2 tbl olive oil
    abt 10 floz warm water
    This will make two good zized bases
    Just mix it all up stating with a spoon and the with your hands. Knead it for at least 10mins untill its smooth and elastic. Split it in two and put in an oiled bowl, cover and put somewhere warm untill it doubles in size.
    I don't use a rolling pin just spread it out with your hands onto a pizza pan or stone.
    A good tip is when you had the water its better to be to wet than dry to start with. you can always add more flour as you Knead.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me your best homemade pizza dough recipe’ is closed to new replies.