Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me somewhere to stay/go – Yorkshire Dales or York
  • grum
    Free Member

Me and the missus are planning to go away for a short break – just one night, maybe two. Would like to stay somewhere quite small/remote/scenic but with a pub or two. Thinking of a B+B/pub/hotel. Preferably not the bit around Ingleton as I’ve been there quite a bit. As an alternative we might go to York 🙂

Any suggestions for locations and/or places to stay would be much appreciated. Cheers.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Swaledale – Reeth 3xpubs/ dales bike centre – very nice – The bridge inn, grinton

the area near Dalby

bear-uk
    Free Member

Appletreewick near bolton abbey

grum
    Free Member

Cheers – Reeth looks like it could be a winner, and that pub looks rather nice.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There’s a good little ride around Apple’wick 🙂

FFJA
    Free Member

grum- which pub ya looking at matey? Black Bull and Kings Arms are currently fairly dire! (I live next to Bull). Bridge Inn or slightly further up dale are best bets, try the Charles Bathurst Inn or The Punch Bowl in Low Row, bit more expensive but very good!
    HTH

andy_hew
    Free Member

Hiya Grum – hope your keeping well. We stop at the PB Inn in Low Row in Swaledale between Reeth and Gunnerside. Good accommodation and very good food. Good biking and walking straight from the doorstep too. Up there again the end of of March for the weekend

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

I’ve only ever camped in Reeth, no idea what the pub accommodation is like. The beer is ok tho’ 🙂

FFJA
    Free Member

Buck Hotel does good take away Pizzas and Curry now too!Bonus!

grum
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – some good options around the Reeth area now.

Hi Andy – long time no see – let me know if you fancy going out biking again some time. I’m even more unfit than usual at the moment though 🙂

FFJA
    Free Member

Oh and easy going shop ride from DBC every Friday night 7 pm 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Cheers FFJA – sadly the bikes will not be coming with us on this trip (and I work Friday nights). I would like to come and do some riding up there at some point though, heard good things.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

how about http://www.wheatsheafinwensleydale.co.uk/

Where Alf Wight and his wife stayed for their Honeymoon in 1942 (Alf is better known as James Herriot)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me somewhere to stay/go – Yorkshire Dales or York’ is closed to new replies.