Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me somewhere to stay in Lake Garda
  • j3ffo
    Free Member

As above really. Planning on doing a week there with the wife, who is a non-biker.

Ideally somewhere walkable to Riva so we can go out for dinner etc in an evening. Pool is a bonus and possible access to a spa for her?

Looked at ‘sporting lodge’ but considering other options too?

Cheers

beagle
    Free Member

Stayed in Malcesine which I can much recommend. Short bus ride/cycle to Riva and has a chair lift for Mt Baldo. Nice range of accomo – we stayed right in the town centre which was incredibly good value for money. Shout if you want the details – will dig them out if u think Malcesine is an option.

Lovely spot for a bit of everything. Very jealous!!

john-charles
    Free Member

Stayed here a couple of years ago

http://www.hotelgardenialakegarda.com/3-star-hotel/italy-holiday-in-gargnano.html

Quiet, you can tell it was built turn of the century but it doesn’t feel run down at all. Really relaxing, no pool but you can jump straight into the lake from the garden/terrace, food was very good. Only a few minutes to a ferry terminal but if you don’t want to just travel by boat make sure you have a car.

lucien

Many campsites – all pretty good up at Riva if you fancy it?

RoterStern
    Free Member

I personally prefer Arco which is a few kms behind Riva. It is a favourite haunt for MTBers and rock climbers and it has a more relaxed vibe than Riva. I have also stayed in Limone here which was a really nice hotel with a nice swimming pool and private beach on the lake itself. There was also a fearsome climb that started behind the hotel which ended some 1800m higher at Tremalzo. Limone is also quite breathtakingly beautiful.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Some good options there to check out. Thanks for the feedback!

SidewaysTim

La Colombera on the outskirts of Riva, self catering appartments, with a fabulous restuarant downstairs. Awesome place.

TiRed

Well for goodness sake, wherever you stay, be sure to take her to Verona on the bus.

theflatboy
    Free Member

The best holidays of my life were the 6ish consecutive years when I was a child and my family went to Camping Ideal Molino, Lake Garda. I mean to go back some day. You should go there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me somewhere to stay in Lake Garda’ is closed to new replies.