Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some…. V brake pads! :D
  • walla24
    Free Member

Chewing through a pair a week on my commute (currently using jagwire standard offset jobbies)….getting a bit expensive!

Can you recommend me some that might be more cost effective?

I know its because I’m heavy+work kit+hills…but still 😀

matt_outandabout

How many pads until you equal new wheels and discs second hand from here?

Someone was selling a disc braked commuter bike here for under £200 complete last week.

walla24
    Free Member

Would love to be eco etc but they need to work out sub £2 per pair/week

walla24
    Free Member

or are there better compounds that last longer?

traildog
    Free Member

I often find that cheaper often means it doesn’t last as long – but a set a week is more than excessive, especially on a commute. What usually happens is the rim gets so covered in mud that the pads wear down just riding along. But I’m guessing that’s not happening on your commute.

The Shimano ones were always a bit pricer but I found the consistency good and you knew you were getting a good pair. As mentioned above, replacement pads generally work out cheaper than whole blocks.

Surely your wheels would be wearing out fairly quickly if you are getting through pads that much?

walla24
    Free Member

The rims are like new but they are very cheap ‘ICE’ 700c wheels, £50 pair.

Do you think the cheaper rim material/design may be causing the excessive wear? The stopping power is quite impressive 😆 but everything else is rubbish, true them every other day and having to rebuild due to rusting spokes and crumbling nipples after 6 months

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some…. V brake pads! :D’ is closed to new replies.