Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recommend me some trail/xc SPD shoes….. please
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

My old shimano storm trooper’s have died. What’s decent/lightweight these days?
    Magic alpine xl look good (I think!) Are they heavy? As I fancy something a tad lighter than my old am45’s.

Cheers

swanny853

I’ve been impressed with my spesh rimes. Stiff enough but no stiffer sole, vibram under so they’re good for walking on hard surfaces. Light and airy enough for 35deg in Italy.

Perhaps not a winter shoe, you’d want overshoes for that and I’m not sure they’re going to be as good as a proper set of lugged shoes in heavy mud, but better than the flat soled shimanos. I wore them round big rocky country in the highlands in preference to my mp66s because they’re nicer to walk in and still plenty solid for riding and I’ve barely touched my race shoes either since getting them!

carlphillips
    Free Member

Cheers will go look at them now.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I used specialized Rimes for our bikepacking coast to coast trip, they were really good. The only thing that wrinkles is that funny elastic bit under the tongue which makes putting them on a faff.

They were great for hike a bike stuff and long days in the saddle.

stevied
    Free Member

Alpine XL are excellent imo. Great support, light weight and very comfortable on and off the bike. I’ll weigh mine to see how heavy they are if you like?

atlaz
    Free Member

The new Specialized 2fo look interesting. Considering a pair for the commute

Candodavid
    Free Member

Alpine XL are the comfiest shoes I’ve ridden in, far more supportive under the sole than my Sidi’s too

kimbers

Regular alpines here and I really rate them,

stevied
    Free Member

Alpine XL size 9 are 966g’s

carlphillips
    Free Member

Thanks Steveid I think my shimano dx’s are around 1300g so considerably lighter… Will go have a look…

goodgrief
    Free Member

Regular Alpines here too, very comfy and light but maybe not the longest lasting. They’re extremely good off the bike too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some trail/xc SPD shoes….. please’ is closed to new replies.