Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me some socks
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

I need some decent socks for the daily commute, just changed to a different pair of shoes and they appear to have very good ventilation.

I’m after socks that are high enough to stop the zip on my Endura MT500 overshoes rubbing on my leg and also keep my tootsies warm.

Sock it to me. Ta.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Try the Save Our Soles socks at On-One, various lengths, materials and styles. I’ve got some Merino ones and all well so far, so far I’ve been ok with one pair but might need to wear two pairs if it gets really cold as they aren’t especially thick although they are thicker than Endura baa baas.

andymc06
    Free Member

De Feet Woolie Boolies Merino. Just bought some after using Giro Merino, Endura Baa Baa and Endura Coolmax.

The Baa Baas are comically thin. The Woolie Bullies are nice and thick and come in a variety of cuff lengths. Highly recommended. (Bought from Wiggle for about £12)

jonba
    Free Member

on-one had a load of cheap socks.

Or just go to M and S and buy a few pairs of wool socks.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Endura merino.

Woolie boolies are good for when it’s cold, but pretty thick as a result.

DeFeet Wooleators are nice & comfy but not quite warm enough for current temps.

The Endura merinos are a good balance between the two. Think of Goldilocks ;0)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

As mentioned the Enduras are pretty thin to start with and although I found them plenty warm enough when doubled up they only lasted about a year before they wore through. The SOS ones have nylon in the heel and toe so will hopefully last longer.

PMK2060

I personally find the Endura baa baa socks warm enough (and pretty thick). I prefer the Garburn merino wool socks from bikemaps.co.uk but find they wear quite quickly.

PMK2060

MikeWW
    Free Member

These Socks are great

flibrose
    Free Member

Search merino socks on eBay. Find the guy from Derry NI. Selling Ulvang merino socks. Four pairs for Six quid free post. Bargain.

PMK2060

Just ordered 4 pairs filbrose. Rude not to at that price. £8 each at rose bikes.

andymc06
    Free Member

The Baa Baas are see-through in places. How can that be pretty thick??? They are the thinnest socks I have ever owned. What do you wear in the summer? Pop socks? 🙂

PMK2060

andymc06 – i wonder if i have the older / newer version that you (they are black with orange toes). Mine are thicker than the Garburn merino socks.

andymc06
    Free Member

Ah they must be different ones then. Mine are a recent purchase and are all one colour. Couldn’t understand how anyone could describe the socks I have as thick 🙂

+1 filbrose 4 pairs ordered! Even if they are only half decent they are a bargain at that price.

Cheers

hainman
    Free Member

I just got a pair of Smartwool socks in Tkmaxx for 8quid instead of 20,havn’t used them yet but feel nice and thick,might try them out this morning as its **** baltic here in Glasgow…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some socks’ is closed to new replies.