Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me some short shorts, please…
  • mattp
    Free Member

not a mis print. i'm looking for some padded lycra shorts with a chamois but don't want traditional "just above the knee" length ones. if anyone can recomend me a brand and stockists that would be really appreciated….

thx

Andyhilton
    Free Member

You may be the only one in the village looking for these.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Triathlon shorts are a bit shorter than normal…..Handy if you have stumpy legs! 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I believe this man can help you…

😉

Unless of course, you're looking for something a bit more up to date.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Glad I am not alone.
    Seriously, when your body fits in with the modern trend for "compact" many shorts do come come near to the knees. I fail to see the point of shorts that cover your legs beyond what is needed for function. Thus lycra needs to extend low enough to serve as a barrier between saddle and leg and nowt lower. Perhaps its my age. When I was a teenager cut off jeans were all the rage.
    Modern baggies make me look like bloddy Lofty from IAHHM

jonb
    Free Member

Dhb knowles are pretty short, as are a lot of the premium end racing offerings from most brands.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Assos always come up short on me so I wear Campag Heritage which are cut longer, I'm 6.2" for reference.

FuzzyWuzzy

My Assos Uno's are too long in the leg, although the DHB Knowles are pretty good.

mattp
    Free Member

has anyone tried rapha – or know where you can try before you buy. i've had alook on their website and can't see stockists any where or maybe i'm just shocked by the two pics above.

@andyhilton – got your gaydar working this morning i see!

myheadsashed

F$%^ Me at the Krauts thighs 😯

Fast twitch fibres anyone……

njee20
    Free Member

F$%^ Me at the Krauts thighs

Just what I thought, terrifying!

Tri shorts are usually shorter, but are also much less padded.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

The only place I know you can buy Rapha is at Condor Cycles or I guess at the new pop up Rapha shop. Both in central London.

Their 3/4 length tights are excellent, but I do not have their shorts so can not comment on there "shortness"

samuri
    Free Member

F$%^ Me at the Krauts thighs
    Just what I thought, terrifying!

How about his team mate then?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Wow!

Trying to think of another sport where your body gets so visibly and dramatically transformed to fit its purpose.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Trying to think of another sport where your body gets so visibly and dramatically transformed to fit its purpose.

Darts?

😆

skidartist
    Free Member

One legged arse kicking competitions

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

True, but I find mine at least as comfy as normal cycling shorts, even though the 'padding' is really just a thick layer of extra lycra. I bought them for the summer as I'm sick of having a tan line just above my knees. They come to about mid-thigh on me.

mattp
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

True, but I find mine at least as comfy as normal cycling shorts, even though the 'padding' is really just a thick layer of extra lycra. I bought them for the summer as I'm sick of having a tan line just above my knees. They come to about mid-thigh on me.

PP – sorry been out for a bit and missed the replies – what brand of shorts do you wear and where from??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mine are Pearl Izumis, I got them in a sale at Evans a year or so ago, so they're probably changed now, but I guess PI will do something similar

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some short shorts, please…’ is closed to new replies.