Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me some shoes!!
  • DrJ

I am looking for some shoes for SPD and also that I can wear to push the bike up hill (yes, it happens …) or to stop at the pub. I am considering these:
    northwave-mission-all-terrain
    and these:
    shimano-mt42

Any ideas?

Also – any experience of sizing? I normally take 44, and I may have to buy the via internet so I prefer to get the right size first time!!

Thanks!

v8ninety

I’ve got the MT 42s and I’m happy with them. they’ve lasted well through quite heavy use in winter, and they are nice and low profile, they don’t shout ‘bike shoe’ if you know what I mean. They are a bit clicky to walk around in, not the cleats, just hard rubber and inflexible sole, which is good on the bike. (this may be the same with most spd style shoes; these are my first)

I wear euro 43 which I believe is 8 1/2 to 9ish, and I wear size 42 norman shoes. I think they are quite narrow, but that suits me.

Cheaper at CRC too

Hope this helps bud.

Lifer
    Free Member

Spesh Tahoe for me:

I wouldn’t buy shoes over the internet unless I’d tried them on first, fit is more than just ‘size 10’ or whatever.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote for the Tahoe here. Were better with the forefoot strap, IMO

Deveron53
    Free Member

these look quite good:
    http://www.polaris-apparel.co.uk/product/SPLINTER
    I know it’s Polaris but these seem to be a redesign of Northwave Gran Canion, well, the high top ones do.

topangarider
    Free Member

The Tahoe is just about ok – the MT-42 shouts ‘I was crap at PE!’

Mavic Switchback?

carlphillips
    Free Member

shimano stormtroopers for me mp66 or something like that…they are ace.

andy_hamgreen

further to El CdF – have some trusty Tahoes that are gradually disintegrating – bought some replacements online – shockhorror no strap !
    but then – even worse – was looking at Evans in Bristol and see that they’ve brought the strap back – wtf is going on Specialized ?

now going to look at Mavic Alpine Allmountain

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The strap is back?

My knackered old Tahoes may be replaced soon, then!

j3ffo
    Free Member

I had the Spesh Tahoes for about a year. They were ok but the sole fell apart.

Just bought these

I much prefer them. Am a UK 10 and the size 45 is perfect. Shimano’s latest generation of shoes seem slightly wider than previous.

Edit: appologies, just read your bit about the pub.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some shoes!!’ is closed to new replies.