Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me some routes around Braemar in the Winter
  • ScoobysM8
    Free Member

Looks like I am going with some mates for a long weekend in Braemar at the end of November and we'll be doing a mix of walking, biking, eating and drinking. I'm looking for ideas for bike routes and hoping that the combined might of STW can suggest some good ones.

Something we can do in a couple of hours, something to last the whole day, high and low-level… I would like to have options to suggest to the guys to suit the potential weather conditions and the varying levels of fitness of the party.

Which are the unmissable trails near Braemar?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Come on folks, help required.

lyons
    Free Member

Im interested in this as i may be moving there in february…

Sanny
    Free Member

Have a look at the route guide for the area a couple of issues ago.

There are loads of options but in November you should perhaps plan to stick to low level stuff as there may well be snow on the high peaks. The Beinn a Bhuird ride is a classic but if you have a mechanical or an off, day light will be limited and it's a long way back to walk!

I'd definitely consider heading towards Ballater. The local bike shop is very friendly and can give you plenty of local knowledge.

If you have a look at the Ecurie Neep website, check out their video clips of the Green Mile. Sweeeeeeeeeeet! 😀

Cheers

Sanny

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Here's one I did back in June:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lochnagar-ride-today-pics-to-follow

Quality day out with lots of variations/additions possible. Clicking the maps or photos will take you through to the Flickr set.

Also possibilities to the north up towards Culardoch (big climb) and onto Loch Builg (nice singletrack). Feasibility of these routes obviously depends on weather and snow cover in November so you'll need to judge on the day.

Cheers,

SC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some routes around Braemar in the Winter’ is closed to new replies.