Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me some roady glasses that don't slip down your nose?
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Anyone got any decent recommendations? I seem to spend a lot of time descending with one hand while I push my glasses back up my face…

jordie
    Free Member

Oakley radars are really good

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers – I had been wondering about them. With radars do you get extra lenses as standard?

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Take a look at the Agu Inceptors in the Planet X stock liquidation sale, cheap as cheap and that stay put ( at least they do on my big napper)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Radar Lock EV. Teh shizzle.

Assuming they fit your face, obviously.

Vortexracing

Radarlock with Prizm lenses

dovebiker

Just received some Smith Pivlock Arena glasses – rimless design with 3 interchangeable lenses. Been looking for a new pair for a while, tried all the Oakley models in the shop, but these are really good quality and value for £77. My last pair of Smith glasses are still going strong after 9 years. The glasses are very light and the rubber nose piece grips my hooter really well – even head-banging doesn’t shift them.

njee20
    Free Member

Radar/Radarlock/Radar EV/Radar EV Zero, depending on style choices and fit.

I have several pairs of Radars and Radarlocks – I love the simplicity of ‘normal’ Radars, but Radarlocks are also excellent. Most of the Radarlocks come with two pairs of lenses. Prizm trail are fantastic, you get clear lenses with the black framed ones too. Hard to look beyond Clear Black Iridium photochromic though for all round use.

I personally don’t like the styling of EVs at all, but YMMV.

Bluenty for best prices, offset by fairly slow delivery.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers guys, loads of options to check out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have some retina burn yellow EVs with Road and Trail Prizm and a clear lens.

So far, they’ve been excellent. Not quite as good a fit as my beloved old Pro-Ms, the ones without the hinges. Now those were/are truly epic! Especially when fitted with an original Mumbo era Blue Iridium lens for the bling.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Another vote for radars. The blurb says the sweatier you get the better the nose piece sticks. Not sure how true it is but mine have never budged. You also get a different size nose piece included. I have tried plenty of cheaper glasses but it’s false economy.

eshershore
    Free Member

As 1 of 2 Oakley “100% certified experts” in the UK (through their O Matter training platform) of course I recommend Oakley radarlock or jawbreakers;)

Both are excellent choices, but visit a good dealer and see what works for your face. Radarlock are also available in an xl version, and Asian fit, with multiple lens choices.

I’ve been wearing Oakley for years, they are expensive but well worth the dosh if you ride regularly. I have too many pairs…

Their polymer material used on the nose and temples definitely keeps the glasses in place the sweatier you get.

kerley
    Free Member

I am still using the same pair of Oakley M frames from 15 years ago and use them every single ride.

Never move or slip due to grippy ear and nose rubber.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Salice glasses are a nice lower priced alternative that worked better than Oakleys for me. Grip well and have a spare clear lens. Mine came with photo chromatic ones for about £60.
    As with anything, fit is personal, try with your helmet to make sure.

http://www.salice.co.uk/category/bike-sunglasses

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Evil eyes get my vote

mr34
    Free Member

Like a couple of the other guys I have 2 pairs of the old Oakley m frames and agree they never move,and I loved them but changing lens is a bit of a faff,
    I also have a pair of tifosi tyrant fototech which change with the light conditions and these have become my favourite, although they took a bit of time to get to sit right.

singletrackmind

+1 on the RadarLocks
    Curved arms to fit around your helmet straps too, just ensure the arms dont go into your helmet behind the ear I get a weird headache if mine do, but then I run my lid fairly tight

mooman
    Free Member

I recently got a set of Radar EV’s. Went with the Path model; because I have a small face, and photochromic lenses … From clear to black; the lenses are perfect for year round use. Great fit, non-slip and real solid feeling quality.

I tried the Jawbreaker’s, which felt equally solid, but were way too big for my face … like old fashioned diving goggles my wife said!
    Also tried Salice 006 model … Flimsy by comparison, and not a good fit for my face.

Quite a saving to be had if you shop around on Internet.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some roady glasses that don't slip down your nose?’ is closed to new replies.