Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me some road disc wheels (for pinnacle arkose)
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

As per title, looking for some disc hubbed 700c wheels a bit lighter than the standard wheels on my arkose.

Was thinking Kinesis CX wheels but there aren’t any particularly good deals on at the moment.

Any Chinese carbon recommendations? Would 29er wheels fit 700c tyres too?

globalti
    Free Member

Have a look at Superstar Components.

tthew

Yes, 29er rims are the same as 700c, and the hub spacing should be the same too.

I built a pair of Pacenti CL25’s rims from PlanetX onto the existing hubs from my DayOne recently. Between that and new tyres, saved around 500g for about £130.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I did think of Superstar but their disc hubbed wheels aren’t that light on the cheaper ones? Unless I’m missing something g?

Budget is probably 300 quid Max.

globalti
    Free Member

Dunno about Superstar disc wheels but their regular Pave 28s are getting excellent reviews and only cost £195. I bought two sets and gave one set “blind” to my cycling buddy; he was blown away by them and bought them off me straight away. My son got the other set and we’ve just had reason to test Superstar’s rebuild service; the wheel came back good as new in a few days – better in fact; I’ve never seen such a perfect build.

teasel
    Free Member

Don’t know what they’re like and a tad over budget…

Hunt Bicycle Wheels starts the chase w/ road tubeless from UK

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have just had a nice set built by http://www.spokesmanwheels.co.uk/ contact mark with your requirements. I got Stans Grail rims on novatec hubs, weigh in around 1700g for just over £300. I did need a fairly strong wheel as currently around 100kg so needed 32 spokes front and rear also it is for commuting duties. I collected so have met Mark and I was really impressed by his knowledge and service.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The Kinesis are under your 300 limit. Confused.

I’ve got the V3, weighed em as 1620g the pair, dropped 600grm off compared to my OE (Saracen Hack 2).

And some 29er rims have pressure limits that rule out skinnier tyres.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I know the Kinesis are within budget but sure I’ve read that people have got them for less than £270 I can see them for online.

I have a Saracen Hack 2 as well as it happens 🙂

Thought there might be a few other options thats all.

ashweee
    Free Member

I replaced the wheels on my hack 2 over Christmas with a pair of mavic Aksium discs, they’re probably not as light as you want but they are only £140 from jejames.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The V3s were 240@ Freeborn but sold out UK wide months ago and now they’re back in stock everyone is doing them for 270. Guess you don’t need to discount when somethings on back order.

More importantly the black/blue/grey colour scheme is a perfect match for my Hack 😉

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Hope Hoops Pro2 evo on Mavic Open Pro I’m thinking of moving on, I had them as spares for my crosser they got assembled but they never got used. mail me if any one is interested. dc30online AT gmail.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some road disc wheels (for pinnacle arkose)’ is closed to new replies.