Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some riding glasses
  • kinggb
    Free Member

Ok so I’ve never really worn glasses riding before but since an incident with grinder i now have badly scratched retina that causes a serious weeping eye at the first sight of wind resistance. I’ve tried a cheap pair of endura glasses and these just steam up at the first sight of sweat. Are there any glasses out there that can be worn for a full ride and dont require sticking in the helmet when sweating? Ive been looking at some Oakley racing jackets but can’t justify the cost without some real life reviews.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

thehustler
    Free Member

addidas evileye have always been good, well vented and a good selection of styles/accessories for how you want them to fit

scotroutes

You’ll want them close fitting to avoid wind hitting your eyes and the closer the fit, the more likely they are to mist up.

You might try some of the anti-mist treatments (try a motorcycle shop) but it’s always an issue.

I’ve had Oakleys with the XLJ (i.e. slightly larger) lens and they work OK. I’m currently using Wind Jackets (prescription – transition lens) and find them almost completely windproof though they will mist up when conditions are less than ideal.

smurfly13
    Free Member

DIY anti mist treatments include washing up liquid or candle wax, either rubbed into the lens and polished clean……

Actually you get fairly good results from both! Massive improvement if you are steaming up!

spikyjames
    Free Member

North wave make good relatively cheap glasses with changeable lenses, I’ve been using them for a few years now, somewhere between £30-£40 from wiggle.

Northwind

Cheap safety glasses for me- there’s a million sizes and shapes out there, they’re not all good but I like my Bolle BL10s. For misting I use Nikwax visorproof- works better than expensive anti-fog treated lenses ime and the wee bottle lasts for, well, a decade so far.

There’s options for what amounts to mini-goggles, like these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/360635536014?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

Actually I should have a pair of those somewhere, didn’t get on wih them at all but some folks love htem and the wind protection is fantastic.

Haze

Rudy Rydons?

Fit like a glove (not the best terminology) with lots of versatility, also very happy with the Impact-X Photochromic lenses.

coatesy
    Free Member

North, Bolle, and many others also available at very reasonable prices from Buck&hickman.com, lots of local branches as well as interweb.

TiRed

Fit like a glove (not the best terminology) with lots of versatility, also very happy with the Impact-X Photochromic lenses.

Seconded. The lenses are great and I ride mine on and off road with a +5 Rx insert. Best cycling accessory I ever bought.

Northwind

coatesy – Member

North, Bolle, and many others also available at very reasonable prices from Buck&hickman.com, lots of local branches as well as interweb.

Aye, I get mine by the box from a trade place, forget the name… Always tempted to buy some more and stick ’em on ebay with a 400% markup!

Can recommend Tifosi glasses from personal use – I have the Masts

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some riding glasses’ is closed to new replies.