Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some nice shades for MTB (must look quite good)
  • easyrider
    Free Member

Just lost another set ‘somewhere’.
    Well here are the ones I have tried all vaguely similar to Oakley Blades.
    oakley blades

BLOC’s
    Madison D’Arcs (better).

They all have replacement lensees (*3) and all eventually get lost and scratched. Cost £30 to £40.

How about Oakley copies (Eyejackets for example) : any one know if these are any good ?

RobHilton
    Free Member

You need these

thomthumb
    Free Member

recently got some giro ones and they are nice.

goodgugu
    Free Member

If you fancy something a bit less ‘bling’ than Rob Hilton’s Hello Kitty Numbers <miaow>, a good bet are Shimano.

They make biking and fishing sunglasses. Typically the Fishing ones come with polarised lenses and are pretty current with styles etc. and are very competitively priced. The biking ones come with all the fancy schmancy air vents etc. and price to match. I had a pair of the fishing ones and they looked great, stuck to my head really well and were very comfortable.

You can get an idea of some of their styles here…. (no plug, just Googled it).
    Shimano Sunglasses

Rob, you might have to be quick, but I heard there is a Dame Edna/Elton John/Timmy Mallet sunglass auction coming to a town near you soon!!

By the way, I would steer clear of anything with the metallic/silver/gold style coating on the lenses – they scratch like a b*****d.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Oakley M-Frames

ransos
    Free Member

Aldi. £3.

easyrider
    Free Member

I quite like the hello kitty ones but I’m worried that the kids will want them instead.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I used to buy 5 quid bolle safety glasses and they’re great, but I then bought a set of oakley flak jackets and they are fantastic, the mud and water clears really quickly and they hardly fog at all, and haven’t scratched yet.

binners

How about following the fashion icon that is Dame Edna

I’ve had 2 pairs of Bloc Shifters for years. They’re great

LabMonkey
    Free Member

I have an old set of (silver) Oakley Pro M-frame’s knocking about (with VR28 and clear lenses, I think) that you could have for £30 posted?

email in profile if interested

easyrider
    Free Member

LabMonkey : ygm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some nice shades for MTB (must look quite good)’ is closed to new replies.