Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me some new games
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Nights are already drawing in a bit which means evening game season is on the horizon. The only games me and my gf can really get into are those decision-based story/puzzle types. Those we’ve really enjoyed are The Wolf Among Us, Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit and currently playing through Life Is Strange which is really good. What else is there like this? I didn’t get on with the walking dead ones for some reason.

sandwicheater

Pushing old people over in the park. Endless fun and double points if you here cracking.

Cougar

You’ve beaten me to the punch with Life Is Strange, it’s truly brilliant.

There’s quite a lot of other TT games like Wolf Among Us etc. You mentioned Heavy Rain so I’m assuming PS4; how about The Last Of Us?

_tom_
    Free Member

Sorry should have said Xbox One, I played Heavy Rain at a mates house on PS3 (I think?) ages ago!

olddog

…so Life is Strange is worth persisting with? I played a couple of hours on the first episode and didn’t really get into it.

Enjoyed Wolf Amongst Us, will be interested in seeing other suggestions on this thread

P-Jay
    Free Member

I think ‘the Divison’ it was a buggy mess as first, but it works now.

Gunz
    Free Member

Probably not quite the same genre but Doom 2016 has me hooked at the moment – GLORY KILL!!!!

Cougar

Life is Strange is worth persisting with?

I’d say so. It’s one of my favourite games on the platform. It’s a slow burn, but utterly compelling when you get into it.

What about King’s Quest? That was a nice diversion, and I think the first episode is free.

chomp
    Free Member

Firewatch is on the way for the XBone – and well worth a play. New DeusX is looking pretty good as well

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I really like Life Is Strange. The characters/dialogue are sometimes a bit annoying and cheesy but the story gets really good. I love these “playable film” type games, normal shooters, rpg with level ups etc don’t really do anything for me. Only exception is platformers which I love and don’t seem to exist any more.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Alien isolation was a brilliant game. I finished it and loved every minute.

Cougar

Only exception is platformers which I love and don’t seem to exist any more.

Rayman was on GWG recently and is a proper “old school” platformer.

For a modern (and sublime) take, have a look at Unravel.

Furious

I’ve just finished Inside, the ‘sequel’ to Limbo.

It’s only about 4 hours long but utterly, utterly brilliant and totally beautiful. You could argue it goes a bit flat in the middle but it turns out it’s just getting ready for the finale. Available on Steam and XBone not sure about other platforms.

My tip would be to avoid all trailers, reviews and any other media about it and just play it, trust me.

Olly
    Free Member

Battlefield 1 looks incredible.

Played BF3 to death
    The best Multiplayer shooter imo. COD is a bag of pfft after BF.

Markie
    Free Member

Smash Up!

But am drunk.

labsey
    Free Member

Battleblock Theater, simple but bonkers platformer.

Cougar

I’ve just finished Inside, the ‘sequel’ to Limbo.

Wait what, there’s a Limbo sequel?

Furious

Wait what, there’s a Limbo sequel?

Not directly, but by the same people (Playdead). You’ll see the similarity shine through and not be disappointed

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some new games’ is closed to new replies.