• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend Me Some MTB Shoes.
  • grenosteve
    Free Member

My Sidi Eagle 5 mtb shoes are just about on their last legs after 7 years of commuting and mountain biking. I love them, but I think its time for something new.

Any recommendations for a good replacement shoe (other than going with the same shoes again)? Something that’s lasted you a good 5+ years ideally… I’ve just upgraded my pedals from cheap SPDs to XT trail pedals with the small cage, so any shoes that interface really well (put a bit of tread on the cage) with XTs would be good.

Looking at up to £150 ish, not bothered about waterproof (I use sealskins socks).

Ta for any advice.

compass81

Just replaced my excellent 7 year old Eagle Six’s, great shoes for riding in but a bit like Bambi on ice off the bike.

I went for some not so subtle orange Giro Terraduro’s. I was concerned about reports of soles de-laminating but I am assured this was an early batch?? Only time will tell but oh my god they were just so comfortable when I tried them on, I could wear them round the house as slippers. Also, walking is now not such a precarious proposition.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mavic alpine xl for me, bit stiffer than a Sidi underfoot and comfy to hike a bike in too

lunge

I’m a confirmed Specialized fanboi when it comes to shoes. £150 gets you either Comps (more race orientated) or Rime’s (more trail orientated), either will do the job well I suspect.

MSP

Rimes aren’t a long lasting shoe, mine are starting to fall apart after 18 months (the padded lining around the heel).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend Me Some MTB Shoes.’ is closed to new replies.