Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me some in-ear/noise cancelling ear-phones
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Right my ear phones have broken AGAIN, and so what I need is some good quality earphones, I spent quite alot of time on the bus/train at the weekend so am wanting noise cancelling ones plus they stay in my ears better when I am riding to uni. My budget is ideally around £20 but might be able to stretch to £30 if they are going to be good. I seem to be quite harsh on the cables etc, and they tend to break where the cable joins the jack.
    What d you guys use and what can you recommend me?
    Cheers

m4dmatt
    Free Member

I’d say sennheiser cx300 – get great reviews generally and i picked some up for thirteen quid on amazon. on issue though is the cable is very rubbery which leads to it snagging on certain fabrics, zips etc which might be an issue for yourself

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

noise cancelling headphones when riding to uni – I thought you needed a certain level of intelligence to go to Uni – at least you did in my day…

CountZero

CX300 for less than £20 are likely to be fake. Denon AH-C252’s are good, but cables are always an issue, I’m currently trying to replace a pair of Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi phones, that in turn replaced a pair of SuperFi 4vi’s, that cost $124. Same problem, cable broken at the plug. I’m hoping to replace those with SuperFi 3 Studio phones. I’d recommend that model, even though they’re £49.95 from themp3company.com, because the cables are replacable, they just unplug from the earpiece. Soundwise, they’re stunning, and they are very comfortable. There are a range of cheaper UE ‘phones, but there’s nothing on the market under £200 with replacable cables. Cables are around £20.

Highland28
    Free Member

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of the CX300 but as Countzero says they tend to be over £20, Turner guy, I tend to ride with one ear phone in and one out which allows me to still hear the traffic etc, it is just as other ear phones tend to fall out all the time. Think I will look into those Denon’s, being a student I really want to get something fairly cheap but decent quality at the same time, would rather spend the money on my bike, ha.

dazzlingboy

Linky

Etymotics. Great kit and not outrageous price.

gcaster
    Free Member

Shure.
    Over you’re budget but they’re good and you can pick up a pair for around £50 on AVForums.com

Highland28
    Free Member

Decided to bite the bullet and get some sennheisers after all. They arrived today and I am now very pleased, cheers for the advise lads.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some in-ear/noise cancelling ear-phones’ is closed to new replies.