Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me some headphones
  • oddjob
    Free Member

I don't want to get into the pros and cons of wearing headphones whilst riding. i know it is stupid, but on the cold miserable winter days some music help with the tedium of riding on the road through the drizzle.

Anyway, I seem to have lost my in ear headphones and was looking for a recommendation for some that are good to use whilst biking that stay in your ears and are helmet and glasses compatible.

My lat pair were some Creative Labs in ear things that were quite good but did tend to fall out a bit so I am now considering some with ear clips or that go behind your head…

geoffj

The standard answer is Sennheiser CX 300 from Play.com for about £15.

Stoner
    Free Member

geoff – Ive been using Shure E2C for the last year or so, and theyve been OK, but after a year of abuse (getting stuffed in my commute bag etc) Im getting crackling in the RH ear piece. Are these Sennheisers a decent noise blocking alternative? (I use them on the train, sometimes with no music, just to shut out the tripe that other people waffle on the journey 🙂 )

geoffj

I like the CX 300s, they come with a couple of different sized rubber bits for fat and thin lug holes. I use them mainly on the bike and they are very good. For the train, I have a pair of PXC 250s – proper noise cancelling folding jobbies which I find more comfortable on my regular 5 hour london-bound train journeys.

mikey74
    Free Member

I've just bought some Klipsch Image S4 earphones and they are amazing; far better than the Sennheiser CX400s I had before, but at £60 a set, you probably don't want to take them riding, in case you break them.

MrAgreeable

CX300s here, but watch out for counterfeit ones.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?s=89c05b2889ec136641bfb2a2e5c6b3ae&t=8392

They do block out quite a bit of noise depending on how hard you jam them in.

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers.
    AT that price Ive just ordered those CX300s anyway – hardly an expensive gamble.

PXCs are bit too bulky and pricey for me – Id break them stuffing them in my saddlebag within days!

geoffj

PXCs are bit too bulky and pricey for me – Id break them stuffing them in my saddlebag within days!

They are a bit bulky, but they come with a hard case to protect them when folded.

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers MrA

Im hopeful that Play only stock gen ones.

MrAgreeable

I think that was why the bloke said to get them from that specific place. Apparently even Amazon have been selling hooky ones.

cookeaa

Sennheiser PMX 70’s here (Behind the head band, in ear types in nasty lime green) work a treat with my shuffle for cycling on and off road…

The PMX 80’s are pretty much the same but in Fluro orange and water resistant where I don’t think the 70’s are meant to be (Not that I’ve had any trouble with them)…

For the same earphones in “ear clip” trim just substitute “PMX” with “OMX”

Google product search

geoffj

Yes – plenty of hooky ones around. Play.com's are genuine.

oddjob
    Free Member

Thanks
    I think I'll have a punt over at play.com then…

ourmaninthenorth

I picked up some cheapy – 8 quid – jobs from HMV.

Typical earbud and work fine for the commute to work. Just wear one in my left ear so I can still hear vehicles behind me.

Work well with an iPod Shuffle – to make sure they stay in, I loop the cable up the back of my jersey (inside my gilet) and then over my ear to prevent it from being pulled out.

oddjob
    Free Member

Done

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some headphones’ is closed to new replies.