Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some ground anchors
  • kevin1911

With all this talk of M&S getting stingier with their insurance and people’s garages getting broken into, I’m starting to get paranoid.

I’ve had some pretty thick cable’s sitting in the garage for a while now, so it’s now time to get them hooked up to some ground anchors.

What anchors to you all use, and would you recommend them?

Also, what can I do to make it more diffcult to get into the garage without making it obvious that there’s stuff inside worth pinching? We have one of those plastic roller doors with what seems to be a pretty feeble lock.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I went for a couple of these, sunk into concrete

plus some thick motorbike chains which are just long enough to go through the frames, anchors and fork arches on the bikes.

You might also want to get some hinge bolts (if you have a normal door) and an alarm and sensor (obviously!)

I went for a siren that is just on the legal decible limit, I’ve tried, and you couldnt last long enough in my shed to steal bikes with it sounding.

And you’ll want a bit of luck too…

boxfish
    Free Member

These are solid. I use one along with a 16mm chain and closed-shackle padlock. The concrete floor fitting kit was dead easy to use (hammer drill required).

AlieN
    Free Member

Went for this. Seems impressively robust but never had it challenged:

http://www.torc-anchors.com/products.php?cat=6

Junkyard
    Free Member

oxford one £16 does the job. If it mas me I would hacksaw through your soft frame and strip it for bits so it is mainly a deterrent IMHO.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Torc here from pragmasis with a real f off chain and padlock as I had £3k worth of bikes nicked last summer..grrrr!

nibby
    Free Member

+1 for the pragmasis ground anchor plus 16mm chain/squire lock’s. You need to make sure your chain and padlock are both very decent and not just the ground anchor or they will cut it in a couple of seconds, the chain and lock above will buy you some time.

Also look at the ‘lock n roller’ which is a visual product but is not so obvious unless you are looking. There is an argument that if the scum think it’s difficult they wont bother and hopefully move on to some other poor sod.

If they want something bad enough they will take it so you are just making things more difficult for them and hopefully too difficult for them to be bothered.

A visible alarm box outside is also useful together with a klaxon siren inside the garage. If they do manage to get in then the siren makes a horrible noise which together with the ground anchor and chain you would hope they will move on rather sharp. If they dont then a bloody big baseball bat or better still double barrel shotgun!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some ground anchors’ is closed to new replies.