• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by baa.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me some grips for long enduro races
  • underthesun
    Free Member

I’ve been suffering real bad with numb fingers and aching hands at recent enduro races and was wondering if there are any particular handlebar grips suited for long solo races?? I’ve heard of Ergon grips but not sure about the look of them??

thomthumb
    Free Member

ergons are an expensixe experiment – i didn’t really get on with them.

ourys are nice and fat. i would say that normal grips are better than lockons as there more forgiving – if you have a good way to stick em to the bar?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I have pretty dodgy wrists, so got some ergons for the ‘enduro’ bike. Simply awesome, the ones with integrated bar ends are terrific, highly recommended by me.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Ritchey WCS foam grips.

thefallguy
    Free Member

second the ritchey

underthesun
    Free Member

Ah already got the Ritchey foams and they are killing my palms 🙁

ADH: might give them a try then.

theotherjonv

Specialized do an Ergon-a-like for a far cheaper price. Not sure if they are as good but might be worth a try first.

http://www.specialized.com/gb/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=33922

I have heard they (Ergon / clones) are not as good for ‘proper’ mtbing as they limit some aspects of hand positioning but I used Spesh ones the at the Gorrick enduro which was reasonably techy in places and had no issues at all.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Think Specialized do a “version” of the Ergon grips, and I think Edinbugh do too if you want to try a cheaper version.

Recommend the Ourys though if you like a chunky grip. Oh, and Cane Creek Ergo bar ends if that kinda thing floats you boat…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Its true ergons limit bar grip a bit, if I was riding somewhere super super techy I’d run something else. I’d be happy to ride these on any 24hr or enduro course I’ve encountered though.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I use Ergon GX2 grips. Excellent grips which really stop any hand pain. Quite expensive, but absolutely worth it.

I used to use Ritchey WCS grips with Cane Creek ergo bar ends, also a good combo but Ergon is more comfortable.

thefallguy
    Free Member

what about a more padded glove like a specialized bg gel?

chakaping
    Free Member

Tried carbon bars yet?

xc-steve
    Free Member

Surly a powerball will help more than different grips?

underthesun
    Free Member

Got the padded Spesh gloves. Got carbon bars.

thefallguy
    Free Member

some plusher forks, big tyres at low pressure, don’t hold on so tightly???

hillsplease

Trying Ergons for the same reason – not overly convinced.

Have always got on nicely with the ODI Rogue OR the big fat Sunline jobbers. But then I have big hands.

baa
    Free Member

I use Spesh gloves, with Oury grips. Works for me.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some grips for long enduro races’ is closed to new replies.