Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • recommend me some good thermal socks
  • ExRoadie
    Free Member

Hi,

can anyone recommend me some good thermal socks? I suffer badly from cold feet in this weather and it's putting me off cycling to work. I already have some good winter boots (Gaerne) but there not enough to keep out the cold.

Thanks.

jim
    Free Member

Woolie Boolie?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Anything made from good quality merino wool. Make sure your boots are not too tight too.

MadBillMcMad

any reasonable mainly wool walking sock.

bridgedales are my current choice.
    I too used to get cold feet until I used these.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bought some rapha winter socks a couple of weeks ago and they're very warm

Stoner
    Free Member

I only wear bridgedales. Every day of the year. Some thick'uns, some mediums. They keep their shape well, keep warm, dont smell and dont wear out quickly.

Annoyingly, theyre rarely on sale below RRP though 🙁

twinklydave

Not the assos winterplus socks.

Despite having -6 to +6 degrees written on all the packaging my feet slipped, slowly and painfully, into numbness wearing them when it was well above freezing last week 🙁

gamo
    Free Member

Costco do merino outdoor socks, think its three pairs for about £8 and they are great!

TomR
    Free Member

Winter over bootees make a big difference too. Tom R

TooTall
    Free Member

Buy some of the thermal liners and wear them under other socks. Only a couple of quid and will work fine without taking too much room.

Stoner – try Smartwool socks – you'll never go back to Bridgedale.

Stoner
    Free Member

TT – theyre even more expensive than Bridgedale! Theyd better be proper gucci mate 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

They are the best I've ever used and worth every penny. The DeFeet cycling merino socks I've just bought are possibly in the same class – truly lovely.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some good thermal socks’ is closed to new replies.