Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me some full outer gear cables.
  • dickie
    Free Member

As title please.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

10m roll of Shimano SP41 (Basically XT/XTR) from Ultimate Persuits.

nickc

As pp really sp41 try to get hold of xtr end caps as they have the seals. Have to say though, full length outers aren't all that. You'll get short trem gains, but dirt and grime will get in, and you'll have even worse shifting. Split lengths are always better. There's a reason most bikes come that way…

tf
    Free Member

Split lengths are always better. There's a reason most bikes come that way…

😆 Yeah, most bikes are made with nice dusty riding in mind; you will notice that frames that are designed and made in the UK will very often come ready for full length cable routing. I service my cables about once a year, and there is very little dirt in them; I will happily settle for that kind of a 'short' term gain. 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

clarkes prelube from je james

nickc

I've got split cables done over a year, haven't serviced them yet…What's your point caller?

dogmatix

the 4mm K.ble transfil have worked great for me… nice and flexible… I have been running full length outer cables for two years same set noe problems… the secret.. middleburn cable oilers… after every ride use them to shoot wd40 up and down the cable… works perfectly… keeps water and mud out and keeps them superslick. All the benefits with none of the restrictions…

dickie
    Free Member

Proposing to get a Turner DW Flux frame – requires full length outers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some full outer gear cables.’ is closed to new replies.