Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me some eateries in/near Dolgellau
  • danti

As above.

Cheers

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Intra-ride caffs or post-ride restaurants?

glenp
    Free Member

The curry place in town is not bad.

DoctorRad
    Free Member
    danti

Keep em coming.

Cheers DoctorRad – looks very nice but I was thinking more along the lines of somewhere that would feed hungry bikers after a full day of riding requiring volume as well as quality but a bit cheaper than that.

Do you know of anywhere that fits the bill?

uplink
    Free Member

We struggled to find anything decent in the town centre – the pubs weren’t much cop either IMO

lowey

Lemon grass curry house aint that bad.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

We went to the curry house too, we were a big group but they coped well enough. A bit pricy for what it is.

takisawa2

I remember scouring that place for something to eat years ago on a CyB trip…what a bloody dump. Ended up eating at some god-foresaken hotel.
    Barmouth is only 10-15 mins away. I’d head there next time.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I like the George III at Penmaenpool. It is a short ride up the estuary from Dolgellau centre, or a little off route if you’re riding back into the centre from the forest. Decent rather than exciting, but the view is gorgeous.

mattsccm
    Free Member

The only place worth trying is the chippy and you have to wander the streets eating it. The town has either very pricey pubs which you have to queue for or dump pubs. Don’t even bother. The only town I know of thats better for a bypass. (Waiting for Bethesda)

mattsccm
    Free Member

The only place worth trying is the chippy and you have to wander the streets eating it. The town has either very pricey pubs which you have to queue for or dump pubs. Don’t even bother. The only town I know of thats better for a bypass. (Waiting for Bethesda)

coatesy
    Free Member

Always had good food and service at The Sospan in Dolgellau, not bad prices too.Heading further down the A470 is a sign for Fronolau, slightly odd place but reasonably priced and massive portions too, more than anybody in my group could manage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some eateries in/near Dolgellau’ is closed to new replies.