Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • recommend me some comfy elbow protection
  • kaiser
    Free Member

mainly for multi hour general trail riding
    what's good and what's not?….. prefer nothing too pricey!
    thanks
    bill

cabbage84
    Free Member

661 veggies for general trail riding you forget your wearing them

popstar
    Free Member

661 Veggies are cr@p. They don't fit properly and do lose their way once the riding gets rough. Nothing comes worse than an elbow pad on your wrist while you bombing a trail. Also if you crash, god save you if you weared them over bare hands without long sleeve jersey covering on top. All soil and stones will dig right inside of them between the pad and your hand. Crashed with them couple of times and don't trust them anymore, I mean literaly there is no protection at all cos of that poor fit.
    Myself thinking now for aggresive XC to buy something more suitable, maybe even a discreet arm+elbow pads. Had way too many scratches and a nasty ones near elbows.

Kuco

Got some POC ones that are nice. Even got to crash test them last year in the Alps and can confirm they work well 😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Go try some on, everyones bodies are differnent and one will be far more comfortable on you than another and provide a better fit.

I really like the veggie knee, and have had some good raceface pads.

GW
    Free Member

do you really fall off often enough to need elbow pads during general riding?

kaiser
    Free Member

GW ..no …I never use elbow or knee pads and hardly ever fall off but would like to try some stuff where the risk of injury is dramatically increased and so feel some protection would help psychologically .OK?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

GW – I went over the bars last week & ended up getting elbow x-rayed in A&E on monday night. I actually own 2 sets of elbow pads but wasn't wearing them. I will wear them for all mtb riding from now on though & not really care what others think. I need my arms working for my job, it's been a damn painful week at work this week.

CheesybeanZ

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some comfy elbow protection’ is closed to new replies.