Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me some children's party games!
  • Turnoisier
    Free Member

Sleeping lions, pass the parcel, pin the tail on the donkey, treasure hunts, musical chairs.

Have I missed any classics? Anyone think of anything innovative and fun for seven children aged between 1.5 and 3.5?

grtdkad

My missus is offering suggestions…
    – Make a Mummy: competition to make the most authentic / funny mummy – from lots of toilet paper. Divide into teams etc.
    – Musical statues or bumps are always favourites (and you can keep them going as long as you want)
    – Musical islands: Similar to musical chairs – but several sheets of paper on the floor, keep removing a sheet until they're all trying to fit onto the last one

…enjoy!

theotherjonv

musical bumps > musical chairs for avoidance of chair fighting tantrums.

Boys or girls? My pair loved making peg dolls / fairies at a recent friend's party; boys might not love that quite so much.

Turnoisier
    Free Member

Musical bumps is a much better idea! That's where everyone has to sit down asap when the music stops, right? Last one down is out?

How on earth do you make a funny mummy? Do you mean you wrap toilet paper around the mummies and paint their faces etc.?

Many thanks for the suggestions!

dyna-ti

Hunt the toffee played outdoors to minimize breakages
    One small packet of toffees can last well over an hour
    hide more than one at a time 😉

Trampus
    Free Member

Musical bumps appeal never fades. Just played it the other day at my youngest's 18th birthday! 🙄

thefettler
    Free Member

Spin the bottle 😉
    always a favorite when i was younger.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Recent 3 year old party: "what's the time mister wolf?" worked really well, and got them running around.

convert

am assuming this sort of mummy – wrapped around one of the kids…

Turnoisier
    Free Member

Ah. That kind of mummy. Hence the toilet paper…

That makes much more sense. 🙂

Ex-pat, how do you play 'what's the time mister wolf'?

Big-M
    Free Member

Spew pint…..?

I'll get my coat!

GW
    Free Member

Keep "What's the time Mr Wolf?" for the end when you're waiting for parents to arrive/take kids home. 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hide n seek or Sardines are the two bestest ones I remember.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And at that age don't forget to have little treats at every unwrap of pass the parcel or you will have tears. And make sure you know which is the final layer of paper too (make it a different colour or something) to ensure the child whose party it is gets the 'main' prize.

🙂

Turnoisier
    Free Member

OK, I've just googled 'what's the time Mr Wolf.' What a great game! I quite fancy a go right now. Perhaps some of my colleagues will indulge me…

Turnoisier
    Free Member

Mastiles_fanylion, sardines! Genius!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some children's party games!’ is closed to new replies.