Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me some brakes… bike tart seeks advice :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Don’t like the XT brakes that came with my Enduro… want to swap them for something more bling 🙂 Oh, and better performing of course 😉 I have a set of Puro Oro’s that I quite like, (slightly excessively they live on my on-one!) so was thinking I might go for a set of The One’s, but thought I’d see what the good folk of STW might recommend 🙂

stoney
    Free Member

Pink Mini`s !

psychle
    Free Member

nah, don’t like hope… I find they squeal too much (I had mini’s on the on-one and hated them! the Puro’s are waaaay better 🙂 )

stoney
    Free Member

Fair enough! fwiw, mine don`t squeel unless wet.

Moda
    Free Member

The Ones are the dogs balls but very powerful compared to the Oros

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, that’s what I’ve read… but how much more powerful can they possibly be?? I can endo my bike with one finger with the Oro’s!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I like juicy 7s a lot. they work, and whilst not superbling, they’re nice enough, and carbon levers don’t feel right to me.

nasher
    Free Member

I have both “the ones” and oro’s on my bikes.

The oros are perfectly adequate IMO for the UK, and for one finger tarmac endos i find both brakes about the same.

The difference with the ones is that they are VERY light feel and VERY progressive braking. whilst you can get very powerful brakes on the market than can do an one finger endo on tarmac better thhan the ones, but when it comes to long comntinious alpine descents, the light feel and progressive braking of the ones means you get no arm pump, and you can still brake with one finger after an hour descent. (which I do for 8 months out of the year)

I have had mine for a year and have done about 70,000+ vert meters of descending on them with no problems…simply brilliant.

My only gripe is that the pad adjustment on the brake makes little difference, so you do get a long lever throw, but you do get used to it pretty quickly.

nasher
    Free Member

forgot to add, check out the new R1… A smaller version of the one…the perfect UK brake… and very sexy looking.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Can I have your XTs then?

psychle
    Free Member

I like the look of the R1’s, but god knows when they’ll finally be available to buy! And they’ll probably be silly expensive…

Rudeboy, my XT’s could well be up for sale soon (they’re the older XT brakes though, brand new old stock if you know what I mean)…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

stoney – Member

Fair enough! fwiw, mine don`t squeel unless wet.

all the time then!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some brakes… bike tart seeks advice :-)’ is closed to new replies.